Author Topic: Walking Survey  (Read 2210 times)

Jac

• Veteran Member
Re: Walking Survey
« Reply #15 on: 09:00:46, 28/08/19 »
1. How old are you?                                                  70
2. How often do you go on walks?                              At least 3 or 4 times a week
3.how frequently do you encounter a gate or style       Very frequently
4.why do you walk?                                                   For exercise and enjoyment of the countryside and nature
5.do you struggle to get over stiles when they are at a particular height? No, unless they are rickety or broken
6. Would you consider using a small, light and portable device to help you get over the stiles? Difficult to answer this question without some idea of the size/weight and efficacy of the device, but unlikely at the present time.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 09:03:21, 28/08/19 »
I'm struggling to think what "small, light, portable device" could help me get over stiles.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 10:03:01, 28/08/19 »
What’s he doing outside my house? I’ll set the dogs on him!
Solvitur Ambulando

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 12:04:19, 28/08/19 »
1. How old are you?...76
2. How often do you go on walks?.......................................................................................Frequently
3. How frequently do you encounter a gate or style...............................................................Very Often
4. Why do you walk?...Pleasure.
5. Do you struggle to get over stiles when they are at a particular height?...............................No
6. Would you consider using a small, light and portable device to help you get over the stiles?...When my hand can no longer reach my trailing

leg. I might fashion a hook out of a wire coat hanger.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 15:47:45, 28/08/19 »
1. 50
2. Most days 8)
3. Most days! :D
4. Lots of reasons; exercise, psychological well being, escapism, be surrounded by natural beauty/nature etc
5. No
6. No
***Happiness is only a smile away***

holly

« Reply #20 on: 10:09:48, 29/08/19 »

1. Early 40s
2. Once or twice a week
3. Roughly every 10-15 minutes in lowland countryside, less often up on moorland
4. Exercise, to enjoy the countryside, to get some peace and quiet
5. No
6. No - although I walk with trekking poles anyway so if I needed help I'd just use them

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 10:23:05, 29/08/19 »
1. How old are you? 36.
2. How often do you go on walks? Daily in the local area, often urban. Once, sometimes twice a week for in the country at the moment.
3. How frequently do you encounter a gate or stile? Often.
4. Why do you walk? Fitness and pleasure.
5. Do you struggle to get over stiles when they are at a particular height? No.
6. Would you consider using a small, light and portable device to help you get over the stiles? No.

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 16:43:08, 06/09/19 »
Just reading this thread after a holiday and I'm amazed at the average age of respondents to the OP.

Does this reflect the general age of members of this forum, or is it only the more senior ones (with a couple of exceptions) that have the time to submit answers?

TBH I've always imagined the forum to have a good mix of ages, with plenty of young all-the-gear, technically clued-up hiking fanatics, politely sniggering to themselves at the old-fashioned views of us oldies (oops, I've  included myself there) but it now looks as if I was mistaken.

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 17:19:42, 06/09/19 »
I've always figured I was younger than standard here based on what people have said to me.

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 17:23:47, 06/09/19 »
1. How old are you?..... 64
2. How often do you go on walks?.....I have been out of action for a six months but hoping to get back into a routine of two/three times per month..... :) I feel blessed O0
3.how frequently do you encounter a gate or style .....On almost every walk
4.why do you walk?.....For the endorphins !...& to put life into perspective. Which only happens when I am at peace with the world....and thats when I`m walking
5.do you struggle to get over stiles when they are at a particular height?.....sometimes yes!..Usually if they are over four feet high.Those stiles must be when the farmer grazes giraffes....
6. Would you consider using a small, light and portable device to help you get over the stiles?.....never

A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 17:51:50, 06/09/19 »
1. How old are you? 66
2. How often do you go on walks? At least 5 days a week.
3.how frequently do you encounter a gate or style? Depends on the walk - zero to dozens of them!
4.why do you walk? Pleasure, fitness, fanaticism.
5.do you struggle to get over stiles when they are at a particular height? No. (I especially like ladder stiles.)
6. Would you consider using a small, light and portable device to help you get over the stiles? No.
Thank you very much. You're welcome.
Walk, Jog, Run : our YouTube video channel.

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 17:53:29, 06/09/19 »
A light, portable device for getting over stiles?

A chainsaw?

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 19:32:33, 06/09/19 »
Or at least a pair of wire cutters to be used if the farmer has run barbed wire across the top.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 19:41:49, 06/09/19 »
Interested but alas not surprised to note that the OP never replied to all he responses given by members.  I like to think hey did a least come back and read them.

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: 19:42:22, 06/09/19 »
Or at least a pair of wire cutters to be used if the farmer has run barbed wire across the top.
I could have done with a black and decker hedge cutter on the walk I did yesterday.....struth brambles grow quickly this time of the year :o :o
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy