Author Topic: Stones to restrict parking at Seathwaite.  (Read 5590 times)

Bhod

• Veteran Member
Stones to restrict parking at Seathwaite.
« on: 13:30:00, 12/05/17 »
Well it looks as though someone has placed a line of rocks  blocking the verge side parking on the lead up to Seathwaite farm.  Don't know who it is but the farmer who owns Seathwaite farm is now charging £2 a day to park in his field, coincidence?
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

Jac

• Veteran Member
Re: Stones to restrict parking at Seathwaite.
« Reply #1 on: 18:18:09, 12/05/17 »
Well it looks as though someone has placed a line of rocks  blocking the verge side parking on the lead up to Seathwaite farm.  Don't know who it is but the farmer who owns Seathwaite farm is now charging £2 a day to park in his field, coincidence?

;D   but sounds pretty cheap for a day's parking
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 19:27:28, 12/05/17 »
Don't blame him. I'd do the same if idiots who can't park their cars straight were obstructing access to my farm.

Agree with Jac, £2 is excellent value.

snoopdawg

« Reply #3 on: 20:26:03, 12/05/17 »
The field has been available at a charge for some time. Probably not an issue at this time but the field is usually boggy.

Murphy

« Reply #4 on: 20:58:04, 12/05/17 »
I think that's what I would do.  I would be happy to pay £2. 

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 21:57:03, 12/05/17 »
Sensible chap. I've seen appallingly parked cars there that would not allow farm vehicles to get down, this solves the problem and puts a bit of money in to the local economy.

£2.00, cheap at twice the price.

Hillhiker1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 13:16:56, 13/05/17 »
Sensible chap. I've seen appallingly parked cars there that would not allow farm vehicles to get down, this solves the problem and puts a bit of money in to the local economy.

£2.00, cheap at twice the price.

Totally agree!  O0

Peakandfell

« Reply #7 on: 09:06:38, 15/05/17 »
Some of the Lakeland valleys are seriously congested on fine weather weekends as tourists and walkers battle for parking space. Some cars just look as though they've been abandoned at the roadside. Two quid is reasonable though.
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing.
Peak and Fell Outdoor Gear Store [nofollow]

tonyjoe

« Reply #8 on: 13:45:18, 26/05/17 »
I always use his field to park, £2 a day is very good value.
Just one more 'up' then it's all downhill from then

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 19:32:37, 26/05/17 »
Certain areas of Britain's stunning National Parks, are so popular with visitors, especially us walkers, that some believe its their duty to park anywhere they please.
A lot of visitors forget both the lakes and Snowdonia are owned and managed by local farmers, and the national trust.
Over the years,Ive encountered parked vehicles in the most unsuitable locations, often blocking narrow roads, causing unnecessary nuisance to local farmers.

Had this farmer charged £10 a day, like the crooks at Pen Y Pass, then maybe i would have thought differently, but £2 is a fee that nobody would mind paying, and hopefully that may include a free tow from his tractor, if things got muddy.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 20:44:47, 26/05/17 »
I hope he doesn't read this, we are all being so OK about it he will up the price.

snoopdawg

« Reply #11 on: 21:14:20, 30/05/17 »
Saw a picture on FB a couple of weeks back of a tractor at Seathwaite with a car on its forks lifted high in the air, trunding back to the farm/ turning circle area. Might have something to do with that!

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 21:22:20, 30/05/17 »
Saw a picture on FB a couple of weeks back of a tractor at Seathwaite with a car on its forks lifted high in the air, trunding back to the farm/ turning circle area. Might have something to do with that!

https://www.facebook.com/GlaramaraActivityHub/photos/a.569812006477363.1073741828.569807183144512/710732462385316/?type=3&theater

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 09:05:00, 31/05/17 »
I remember a friend of mine telling me of a farmer in Devon, who found a car blocking his way into a field at harvest time. Used his fork lift to remove the car so that he could get his combine harvester into the field. When the car owner returned he found his car on the top of a hedge, as it was the only place to leave it. He had to beg the farmer to lift the car back off the hedge, for a charge and with full assurance that he would claim no damage to the car.

On an occasion in my own experience I was moving two combine harvesters between farms. I arrived ahead of the combines at the field to be harvested and found a car blocking the lane into the field. Some way into the field there was a couple in a very passionate embrace, as the activity was a bit frenzied I judged that completion was nigh so I just left the gate open with a clang. Combines entered the field without obstruction.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 11:13:38, 31/05/17 »
I bet loads of us have seen some carelessly parked vehicles during our walks.
When the carparks in the hotspot areas become full to the gills, desperate walkers often park in the nearest available space, never thinking it would block access to the local farms.
Years ago, whilst visiting the RAF Cosford airshow, the bulk of traffic blocking access to the emergency vehicles and other road users, was amazing.

It was as if the vehicles owners realised they would get a hefty penalty ticket for parking in undesignated areas, but the lure of the show was too great.

The same can be said about the lure of the mountains in fine weather.

Last weekend, Gwynedd authority must have booked a record number of cars, for parking illegally.

Personally i would never park unreasonably, if safe parking is not available, i would search high and low until a safe and legal area was available.

I would rather a lengthy walk in, than a £100 fine on my windscreen when i got back to my car.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy