Author Topic: Using Public Transport On My walks  (Read 981 times)

Lee in Doncaster

• Veteran Member
Using Public Transport On My walks
« on: 08:25:02, 20/02/18 »
Latest blog posting: I mainly go walking ion the Peak District:

http://peakwalking.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/using-public-transport-on-my-walks.html

Walking every week in the Peak District...or somewhere else   http://peakwalking.blogspot.com

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Using Public Transport On My walks
« Reply #1 on: 10:54:00, 20/02/18 »
I have often used buses when hiking. To get to my start point, to get from my finish point to a train station and a few times to get to a pub which is not on my hiking route. I'm lucky in that due to my age I have a bus pass, best thing since sliced cheese! A great way to chat with the locals.

If their are no buses I revert to plan B, I hitch hike.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 13:54:53, 20/02/18 »
I access my walks by public transport and I like having the options it provides for linear walks. I've stayed in Buxton several times and used trains and buses for getting around the Peak District.

pauldawes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 14:32:35, 20/02/18 »
For last couple of years I'be done practically all my walks via train or bus..seeing the advantages as opening up a variety of linear walks, especially in places like Edale valley or Amber valley where there's a reasonable road and rail network to get around.

But getting close to point where I may use car a bit more again, just to make it easier to get to some Peak District places I've not walked for a few years.

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 14:53:38, 20/02/18 »
I've done plenty of walk using the train to places in west/north yorkshire, even into cumbria and lancashire. Also local buses to visit various woods, etc.
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 16:26:57, 20/02/18 »
Love my bus pass for the SWCP day walks. Park car - bus back to start point, walk to car - simples
Solvitur Ambulando

Welsh Rambler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 20:06:26, 20/02/18 »
Love my bus pass for the SWCP day walks. Park car - bus back to start point, walk to car - simples
+1 although I leave the car at home. ;D
Regards Keith

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy