Author Topic: Socks with sandals  (Read 1093 times)

leehalbert

Socks with sandals
« on: 12:27:51, 16/09/19 »
I've had problems with my feet all of my life and wear Meindl Comfort Fit approach shoes/boots with Superfeet insoles which seem to work best for me.

I'm off on a hot holiday soon, in the past I have tried Keen sandals, my feet are also really soft and I have had issues with hot spots and generally not feeling comfortable without socks.

I have ordered a pair of Meindl Lipari walking sandals, they look a bit more like shoes than sandals and I'm hoping to be able to wear socks to avoid the hot spots, anyone any experience of this?  I now comfort is important but I don't want to look ridiculous wearing socks with sandals  :D

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Socks with sandals
« Reply #1 on: 12:58:39, 16/09/19 »
I sometimes wear socks with my sandals but will never wear shorts at the same time.

I too have what I may say are 'soft feet' but I always consider this to be to my advantage when hiking as I believe soft flexible skin means less likelihood of blisters. Other people might disagree?

Can't offer a view about what 'hot spots' are, to my knowledge I've never experienced such a problem? I have experienced hot feet problems before though, usually a 'burning' sensation at my heel area which occurs when I'm forced to walk too far on tarmac or concrete. I then stop frequently, wash and massage my feet, change my socks and then move onto the next stop, or hopefully be able to walk on earth or grass again.

motorlaunch

« Reply #2 on: 18:24:21, 16/09/19 »
You could try shoe liner socks which are low profile. Don't know if they are available in a natural colour but there might be a colour which blends in with your sandals.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 18:37:36, 16/09/19 »
I agree with motorlaunch, go for "low rise" sports socks (I have loads of these that I wear with my walking shoes) and not "normal" socks that come half way up your calf.

With those shandals you could get away with black or grey socks and that would look fine with shorts.

Just to reiterate.... ABSOLUTELY NO CALF LENGTH SOCKS if you are wearing these shandals with shorts  :-X

:D   ;D   :P   ;)

PS. Welcome to the forum  :)

BrionyB

« Reply #4 on: 19:15:24, 16/09/19 »

Haven't you heard? Socks with sandals is in fact the latest trend, adopted by various celebrities and featured at fashion shows etc.   O0

(Not winding you up, I have myself seen this look on apparently stylish young men around London this summer, so apparently it really is a thing.)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 19:35:09, 16/09/19 »
I'm not going to offer an opinion on socks with sandals, but welcome to the forum anyway. :)
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 20:15:53, 16/09/19 »
Welcome too from Devon.  I often sport hiking socks and sandals after a walk when I take my boots off and slip on a set of sandals for the drive to the pub. They don't look too bad under Craghoppers. A gentleman never wears shorts except for playing sports or as part of a uniform or in association with a safari shirt and pith helmet.
Solvitur Ambulando

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 21:52:31, 16/09/19 »
Socks with sandals are perfectly acceptable when paired with the correct attire - string vest, with a knotted handkerchief on the head.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 21:35:59, 17/09/19 »
*makes mental note never to walk with Bigfoot Mike in summer.....*

;)

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 19:26:50, 18/09/19 »
*makes mental note never to walk with Bigfoot Mike in summer.....*

;)

Don’t worry Mel, I don’t dress like that. I just think if you are going to wear socks with your sandals, you might as well go the whole hog. Perhaps a tank top is also required to finish off the outfit?  :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy