Author Topic: Jetboil vs. MSR Reactor ???  (Read 5968 times)

ukmase

• Veteran Member
Re: Jetboil vs. MSR Reactor ???
« Reply #15 on: 22:07:03, 09/01/08 »
Looks pretty cool although i cant see it being much use in the winter. My concerns would be it stinking out my rucksack and how long it takes to cool down/cleaning.

I love a fire though so i am not ruling it out. Still think the jetboil is the dogs balerix though ;)

legs-o-lead

• Veteran Member
Portable Mini-Fire
« Reply #16 on: 08:25:27, 10/01/08 »
Alf,

Can you send me a link to a site, I cannot download U-Tube from my computer in work.

I have a Kelly Kettle, which can be a real [censored] to light in bad conditions. Are these things the same ?

Ta

Paul
Courage doesn't always roar like a lion. Sometimes courage is a small voice at the end of a long hard day saying "I'll try again tomorrow".

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 18:57:17, 13/01/08 »
The gas you get for the Jet Boil, fits in the cup, as well as everything else, also it last well over a week, so their is not that much weight and easy to find. Also it lights in high winds and snow and you can pack it away as soon as you are ready to go  O0

I have tested and used, i think nearly every stove, cooker device there is even the coke can stove, for me the Jet Boil rocks  O0
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

yetanotherben

« Reply #18 on: 16:16:26, 18/01/08 »

Afternoon all,

I'd suggest Pocket Rocket Stove (MSR) for about £26 from cheaptents.com - fastest boil that I've seen for such a small affordable stove, but if you're looking for a posh one you could go all out with either the MSR Whisperlite INT 600 Stove / MSR Superfly Camping Stove with Piezo Starter - both use allsorts of fuel and are pretty compact too (especially the Superfly).

Ben   O0

"Walking is man's best medicine..."
Hippocrates (460 BC - 377 BC)

"Walking is man's and woman's best medicine..." or should it be "Walking is men's and women's best medicine..."???
Ben (1983 AD - Present Day)

http://www.cheaptents.com [nofollow] - Camping Equipment & Outdoor Shop

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy