Author Topic: A big Hi from Newcastle 😂  (Read 579 times)

Scrambledlegs

A big Hi from Newcastle 😂
« on: 08:11:06, 15/07/16 »
Hi!

New to the forum and looks like I'm going to be spending a few days holed up reading about you guys. It looks like there's lots going on and my spider senses tell me I'll be able to give back as much as I get from the site if you'll bear with my occasionally crass language and nonsensical ramblings.

First off I'm a Geordie (Wahey man!)so hanging off a mountain withoot a coat on is nowt to me.

Nah man! Just joking but I am a Geordie.

I'm from Newcastle and love spending as much time in the lakes as possible. I love a good scramble and love talking about my walks just as much as doing them.

I'm not a Wainwright bagger by any means. I've done some intentionally and others by accident but I dont know if I'll ever be that girl who recognises and can name every tarn, crag and lump. I'm usually too absorbed in other things.

Most recently we did Scafell pike on a foggy day. We meant to go Scafell via Lords Rake but as we could barely see in front of us we rejoined the route to the pike under black crag after the corridor and have vowed to return at the end of the month to complete our mission.

Did Jacks Rake a few weeks before and felt enlightened but realised I suffer quite badly at the mercy of exposure so need to practice giving myself a good slap across the face before I start off.

My favourite place to be is wild camping in Langdale but I've also recently discovered Wasdale and feel quite torn between the two now.

Well that's enough about me for now and I'll spend some time reading today. I'm headed straight for the good stuff on the lake district threads then I'll work my way through.

Thanks for the great forum.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy