Author Topic: Naturehike tents  (Read 2449 times)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Naturehike tents
« on: 12:55:32, 23/01/20 »
The Forum had some discussion about Naturehike tents last year, did anyone actually buy one and if so have you used it yet?

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Naturehike tents
« Reply #1 on: 13:03:43, 23/01/20 »
Naturhikes new 'VIK 15D Nylon Ultralight Single Tent' looks suspiciously like my Marmot Pulsar 1P? I might consider buying it but in 'WHITE ONLY,' just not sure about that at all!

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 13:10:00, 23/01/20 »
I've just checked the Ali Express price, about £100.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 13:17:33, 23/01/20 »
I wonder what it is made of.  The material is described as nylon which covers a multitude of sins.  Normal nylon can be dyed which begs the question why white?  Some ultralightweight tents are white because the material they are made of is naturally white and cannot be dyed.
Solvitur Ambulando

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 15:32:10, 23/01/20 »
Put off by the reviews.1. It is single skinned. Thus, to me, quite heavy in comparison to other single skin tents. Notorious for their condensation issues.
2. Stated HH of 2000 which is at least one third too porous for humid wet UK conditions.
3. There is no consistency between various selling sites, especially Alieexpress, as to its true weight. Do they include guys poles and pegs and actual storage bag for instance, many Chinese tents exclude these from the stated weight.
4 to me the absolute killer punch, it us white. NUFF SAID. 🤔🙄
« Last Edit: 17:23:23, 23/01/20 by jimbob »
Too little, too late, too bad......

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 16:26:03, 23/01/20 »
Put off by the reviews.1. It is single skinned.

On the Naturehike page for the VIK 15D it says:
Tent fly: PU2000MM
Inner tent: PU4000MM

As expected for Naturehike it's a lot cheaper than most though, a good weight too, still it wouldn't tempt me.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 17:26:11, 23/01/20 »
As Beefy says, Drip Coffins.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 17:26:31, 23/01/20 »
On the Naturehike page for the VIK 15D it says:
As expected for Naturehike it's a lot cheaper than most though, a good weight too, still it wouldn't tempt me.
Yep that is what it says, but the reviews I. E. https://thriftyhiker.com/naturehike-vik-tent-review/
And others, state that it is single skinned.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 17:39:59, 23/01/20 »
Film here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3ayaqxxSOQ
Those aren't poles - that's a TV aerial!
Solvitur Ambulando

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 17:54:11, 23/01/20 »
You are right about the 'aerial' we used to have one of those bolted to our chimney in the 70s!

That was like paint drying, I managed to watch for 3 mins and then flipped to near the end. It is similar to my Marmot, but my tent poles come as three separate units, much easier to manage. I'm surprised he didn't poke his eye out!

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 19:56:08, 23/01/20 »
Yep that is what it says, but the reviews I. E. https://thriftyhiker.com/naturehike-vik-tent-review/
And others, state that it is single skinned.

Ah, well that's a poor show when even the Naturehike site can't get a basic thing like that right!.
Yes, horrendous condensation guaranteed.

Those aren't poles - that's a TV aerial!

The single unit pole-hub systems are indeed like aerials. Especially on our big old Parula, I was convinced we could have picked up telemetry from Voyager with it!.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 21:24:17, 23/01/20 »
Ah, well that's a poor show when even the Naturehike site can't get a basic thing like that right!.
Yes, horrendous condensation guaranteed.

The single unit pole-hub systems are indeed like aerials. Especially on our big old Parula, I was convinced we could have picked up telemetry from Voyager with it!.
I find carrying enough tinfoil to cover the tent avoided that problem As an added bonus it makes the inhabitants of such tents invisible to aliens, thus avoiding painful probes overnight.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy