Author Topic: Anyone can make a mistake!!  (Read 3951 times)

Hillhiker1

• Veteran Member
Re: Anyone can make a mistake!!
« Reply #30 on: 17:20:50, 09/03/19 »
I often wonder how keen hunters would be on the hunt if they had to do it on the prey's terms rather than from 500 yards with a rifle. :D

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 17:28:54, 09/03/19 »
I often wonder how keen hunters would be on the hunt if they had to do it on the prey's terms rather than from 500 yards with a rifle. :D
:2funny: :2funny:
Too little, too late, too bad......

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 20:20:55, 09/03/19 »

No problem, I am chill with it  O0 

I guess it's easy to be outraged by someone shooting a wolf with your dog sat on your lap and tucking into a bacon sandwich, it just doesn't make any sense to me.  Is it because wolves (and whales) are viewed as majestic and gracious, where as cows and salmon are seen as thick and stupid?

Not at all, there's a lot of difference between killing an animal because you're going to eat it and use it's skin for boots and killing just because you get off on the act of killing. Because you enjoy wasting that animals life. We don't eat wolves, we don't need whale oil. These animals are being driven to the brink of extinction just for the sadistic pleasure of killing. Meat from livestock is managed so it is sustainable, wild animal stock isn't managed and is ever depleting. If we carry on killing at the rate we are presently we'll end up with just Homo Sapiens alone on a sterile planet and no future.     

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 20:58:11, 09/03/19 »

Not at all, there's a lot of difference between killing an animal because you're going to eat it and use it's skin for boots and killing just because you get off on the act of killing. Because you enjoy wasting that animals life. We don't eat wolves, we don't need whale oil. These animals are being driven to the brink of extinction just for the sadistic pleasure of killing. Meat from livestock is managed so it is sustainable, wild animal stock isn't managed and is ever depleting. If we carry on killing at the rate we are presently we'll end up with just Homo Sapiens alone on a sterile planet and no future.     
O0 O0 O0

Litehiker

« Reply #34 on: 03:35:18, 10/03/19 »
Hillhiker1,
I've killed deer with my bow as well as my rifles. They are tasty. Nothing beats deer liver with Friday onions the same day the deer was HARVESTED.
I kill my meat, butcher it and eat it. Try it sometime.It will give you more respect for the source of the meat you eat.

I get it that those not brought up with hunting feel it is "barbaric" and "violent".  Barbaric? No. Violent"? Yes, as is most taking of life.

But I also get it that some folks are being, perhaps "holier than thou" about this subject. The wolves killed have their pelts sold, as is also the case with many coyotes killed in winter.  The wolves in Montana are making large dents in the elk and deer and cattle populations. Hunting is regulated very strictly. Screw up and you face heavy fines and loss of license privileges for years. These game laws also apply to wasting game which is really shooting for the sake of killing only.

I like rifles and shoot long distance (to 1,000 meters) competition with my 6.5 Creedmoor Ruger Precision Rifle. And as well, I use my 6.5 Creed. Browning X-Bolt Pro for deer, coyote and antelope. (Mmmm, antelope!) And BTW, it is common for riflescopes to cost 50% more than the rifle they wit upon so we take our gear very seriously. A humane kill is the only kind we strive for.

So yes, here in almost every states in the US we hunt and eat what we hunt.

Eric B.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 22:11:02, 10/03/19 »
What ever side of the debate we may be on, human beings are very good at justifing to themselves why its OK to do this and that. All of the replies suggest this in some way.

For my part I don't eat meat, haven't done so for years and years. I grew up on a farm and my mother imposed it on us all, she was always so worried seeing sheep and cattle being given pelllets of this and that, loads of injections and having to go though chemical swims. There were four of us, I'm the only one who has stuck to it and have never gone back to meat. It doesn't personally bother me if someone wants a steak, or a Big Mac, but it bothers me when people justify to themselves why they have this need to kill in the first place.

I'm no expert but I suspect the hunter knows that the animal hasn't got our sort of intellect so they are easy prey. And of course the beauty of it all for the hunter is that they can kill from a distance! I'd be more impressed with their skills if they did it with their 'bare hands!' Tarzen did it, why can't they!

I always remember a Jean Claude Van Damme film where the villians hunted human beings, perhaps in this day and age of animals being hunted to extinction that might be the way forward?

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: 15:06:16, 11/03/19 »
I spent 17 years in farm management, having grown up on a farm. There was a time at college when, I had to implant stilboestrol (female hormones) pellets into the ears of bullocks, supposed to be the up and coming technique imported from US of A, never was comfortable with the idea and never practiced it myself.

We rear an animal from conception to the time it leaves the farm, know its history, its individual personality, see it parted from it's dam, thrive or nursed through ills or injury and yet feel pride, without sorrow at a good carcase hanging on an abattoir hook.

I wonder at, how quickly some sections of our society can get snagged into a mindset, by believing judgmental claptrap and then finding a niche identity, from where they can identify others to dislike or even persecute. The old name of the game was religion, where several creeds ban a particular animal, because it was host to some particularly nasty parasites not so prevalent in colder climes, now that control of those parasites are understood, many centuries later it is embedded into religious practice.

GWM does not eat meat because of his mother's perception of chemical impurities, the age I suspect he is, would coincide with a greater risk from crop pesticides and herbicides, which led to great improvement of staple food production at a time when this nation was recovering from wartime siege by German U boats. The understanding of this came later, we now have more effective delivery of sprays and regulation to protect our waterways from drift, thus providing permanent fallow alongside river banks.

Are these new strips of non productive agricultural land allowed into the leisure network of an increasingly obese and under-exercised society? Not likely because..................Why? Just a few random thoughts gleaned from an accident of recognition. 

« Last Edit: 15:11:20, 11/03/19 by barewirewalker »
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy