Author Topic: Where are folks walking this weekend?  (Read 573086 times)

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are folks walking this weekend?
« Reply #2265 on: 20:19:18, 02/09/17 »
I walked from Shoreham today, going over Mill Hill to Beeding Hill, where I followed the South Downs Way to the bridge at Botolphs. I then walked by the river Adur back to Shoreham.  Warm and sunny and the views over the Adur valley from the downs were panoramic.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2266 on: 21:25:46, 02/09/17 »
My plans have all changed now seeing as the weather forecast for tomorrow through to Tuesday is kakkapants... exactly the length of time I was planning on going up to the Lakes and camping for a couple of nights  >:(   

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2267 on: 09:42:54, 03/09/17 »
My plans have all changed now seeing as the weather forecast for tomorrow through to Tuesday is kakkapants... exactly the length of time I was planning on going up to the Lakes and camping for a couple of nights  >:(

awe, have you cancelled? Maybe better weather on the other coast, you know what our fabulous weather is like  :-\
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2268 on: 17:01:33, 03/09/17 »
Deferred to middle of the week now when the weather looks a bit more promising  :)

I'm feeling the urge to get up some hills before winter .... ideally without being in the pouring rain or a thunderstorm  ::)

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2269 on: 17:39:39, 03/09/17 »
you fair weather walker  ;D
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2270 on: 10:36:03, 04/09/17 »
I'm off to Wasdale Hall YH on Thursday for two nights, then Borrowdale YH for another two. So this could have gone in the weekend and/or the week walks thread.

Weather permitting the pencilled in walks are: Scafell Pike going up to Sty Head and joining the corridor route, the Mosedale Horseshoe and something involving Great End from Seathwaite when we're in Borrowdale.

I think May was the last time I got up to the Lakes so really looking forward to it.

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2271 on: 13:26:27, 04/09/17 »
Just a shortish bimble around Low and High Force planned for the coming weekend, it might turn into something longer, but that's the current plans.
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2272 on: 10:32:46, 13/09/17 »
A trip across the North Yorks Moors, Osmotherley to Ravenscar aka the Lyke Wake Walk.  Setting off midnight Friday, hope to be at Ravenscar for around 4pm Saturday.  After all the rainfall this week I'm expecting the boggy section to be a bit wet but the forecast for the walk seems to be good'ish at last looking.

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2273 on: 08:09:10, 18/09/17 »
Another crossing successfuly completed.  A tad slower this year at 17.5 hours but bad weather and an enforced detour at the "stepping stones"  added extra time. 

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2274 on: 09:15:50, 18/09/17 »
Bit late, as it's after the event...but I did a 13 mile recce walk on Saturday around parts of the Haddon and Chatsworth Estates, taking in the quieter paths and some that are probably hardly ever walked.  I discovered some lovely woodland along the way, which I'm hoping will be a bit more colourful by the time I lead the walk. 8) 
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Rather be walking

« Reply #2275 on: 12:44:17, 18/09/17 »
A good long walk around Black Down near Feanhurst, Haslemere and finish at a pub. O0
““The hardest part was coming to terms with the constant dispiriting discovery that there is always more hill.”
― Bill Bryson, A Walk in the Woods

jethro10

« Reply #2276 on: 14:13:27, 21/09/17 »
Coniston coppermines valley, and where ever that may lead.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2277 on: 16:00:44, 21/09/17 »
Doing a 13 mile walk from Ashbourne on Sunday with a group of friends. From the walk description, a lot of it will be on paths in areas that I don't know much about; Mapelton, Oakover Park, Swinscoe, Middle Mayfield and Snelton Park. I don't recall walking in any of those areas before, so could/should be an interesting day :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2278 on: 18:22:40, 21/09/17 »
Scarborough coastline for me on a girly walking weekend.  Lots of food, some wine, a bit of celebrating, and I think we might be doing a couple of walks too  :o

micmac

« Reply #2279 on: 19:34:11, 21/09/17 »
Hopefully be walking some more of the cuckoo way. It all depends on how my daughter is and if the weather is ok.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy