Author Topic: Montane Sabertooth or Rap Vapour-Rise Guide Jacket?  (Read 1211 times)

buntonn

Anyone have experience with one if not both the Montane Sabertooth Jacket or the Rab Vapour-Rise Guide jacket?

I got the Sabertooth just last week and not used it yet, today when I went to get the Rab VR Guide Pants, I saw the jacket and tried it on, big mistake!!  Now I don't know what to do!!  The Sabertooth was on offer at £85 which is a good buy it seems, the Rab is £162 with 10% off. Just wondering if the Rap is worth the extra, its a slightly better fit on me tbh but not wearing either in the cold I have no experience of either.

Desperately trying to escape and venture in the wild outdoors...

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
Re: Montane Sabertooth or Rap Vapour-Rise Guide Jacket?
« Reply #1 on: 12:15:28, 15/09/17 »
I use a Sabretooth and love it.  I walk very hot and sweaty so only wear this in cold conditions but I find it perfect for me.  Decent pockets, hood is snug when needed and most importantly keeps me warm when its cold without turning me into a sweaty mess!  Not used the Rab jacket so cannot comment on it.

snoopdawg

« Reply #2 on: 12:27:37, 15/09/17 »
The guide jacket is a very warm jacket. I settled for the vapour rise jacket which serves as a winter jacket. £85 for the sawtooth is an excellent price ,it has been £150 plus for ages.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:15:55, 16/09/17 »
I thought long and hard about buying a Sabretooth and nearly did. If I'd seen it at the time at £85 I would have snapped it up.

buntonn

« Reply #4 on: 08:47:47, 18/09/17 »
I gave it a lot of thought and took the Rap back as it was not on any promotion, but kept the Sabertooth as I think I can fit this in with my other gear better to get more use out of it and I also like it as a causal or dog walking top on a dry windy cold day.

Thanks for your feedback.
Desperately trying to escape and venture in the wild outdoors...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy