Author Topic: A week in the Lakes  (Read 753 times)

MarkT

A week in the Lakes
« on: 21:06:16, 26/09/17 »

Hello Fellow Lake Fans!

This isn't a trip report but below is my intended plan for next week as I am staying at the Wasdale Head National Trust Campsite. Included in my week is a nights stay at Black Sail Youth Hostel as I've always wanted to stay there.

My life ambition isn't completing all the Wainwrights but am keen on completing the fells in the western area of the lakes but as I am only 43 I do have plenty of time to complete as many as possible and have done quite a few already.

So all my walks (apart from when staying at Black Sail) will start and finish from Wasdale and probably be rewarded by a nice pint!

Sunday - Travel from Colchester to Wasdale Head (long drive but worth it)
Monday - Buckbarrow & Seatallan
Tuesday - Yewbarrow (ideally up n down both ends)
Wednesday - Head to Black Sail Youth Hostel via Green Gable, Brandreth and Haystacks
Thursday - From Black Sail - Pillar via High Traverse route, maybe back to campsite via Steeple & Red Pike
Friday - Rest day - I might need it!
Saturday - Still not decided but thinking of either Lingmell onto Scafell Pike and Great End or just Scafell (have done Scafell Pike)
Sunday - Travel home

Well this is the plan and of course, things may change due to the weather or weariness of legs!!

I will be travelling/walking alone so if anyone is in the area next week and you come across an Essex boy, then please say hello.  And if anyone would like to join me for any of these walks it would be nice to have a bit of company.

If anyone can suggest maybe something better then am open to changing the walks.  I stayed at Wasdale Head in March this year so completed a few other fells, Middle Fell, Illgill Head, Whin Rigg, Great Gable, Kirk Fell, Red Pike (w), Scoat Fell & Steeple.

Am so looking forward to getting away and will hopefully post some trip reports/photo's on my return.  Maybe see you there.

Mark

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: A week in the Lakes
« Reply #1 on: 22:06:27, 26/09/17 »
I am in Keswick Saturday night only, meeting my son and his wife for an evenings bonding. We should be in the pub that sells a lot of strogonoff, can't remember its name?

Strider

• Veteran Member
Re: A week in the Lakes
« Reply #2 on: 13:16:27, 27/09/17 »
« Last Edit: 13:21:07, 27/09/17 by Strider »
Not all those who wander are lost

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy