Author Topic: Alport Castle  (Read 1050 times)

tidgy25

Alport Castle
« on: 10:11:25, 04/12/17 »
Hi,

We are thinking of doing the following walk

https://www.walkingenglishman.com/peakdistrict30.html [nofollow]  

It is saying it is classed as a hard walk? is it really. I think the hardest walk we have done so far was Edale to Kinder Scout up Grindsbrook scramble, over to to Pyms Chair, Kinder scout, kinder downfall, kinder low, jacobs ladder, upper booth, edale.

Is the above walk easier or more tricky, any advice would be really appreciated.

Thank you  :)

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Re: Alport Castle
« Reply #1 on: 14:30:49, 04/12/17 »
I would say that the Kinder walk which you describe is 'harder' though they are both steep and strenuous.

tidgy25

« Reply #2 on: 15:15:54, 04/12/17 »
Thanks for that ridge, i was hoping that was the answer.

Murphy

« Reply #3 on: 16:18:27, 04/12/17 »
I agree with Ridge.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 20:25:29, 04/12/17 »
Hi tidgy :)

It's a lovely walk with great views along the way.  Rowlee Pasture and the paved path do seem to go on...and on...but it's well worth the effort when you reach Alport Castles.

If you have flexibility, it's best to pick a fine, dry day to do the walk....if only to ensure you get good views!
The weather can be pretty miserable up there during the Winter, with low cloud/drizzle/mist often obscuring any decent views of the 'castles' and the 'tower'.

On the plus side, there is a bird hide right on the edge of the Castles, which can double up as a bad weather shelter.  I've had my lunch in there and a break from bad weather more than once!

Hope you enjoy it! O0

Tracey :)

***Happiness is only a smile away***

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy