Author Topic: Snowdon  (Read 959 times)

Mandle

Snowdon
« on: 12:57:17, 30/12/17 »
Hello, I’m doing the Snowdonia Midnight Challenge in June and would love to hear from people who are doing it too and also anyone who has done it before. This is the first time I’ve done anything like this so any advise would be very welcome. X :)

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
Re: Snowdon
« Reply #1 on: 17:33:04, 30/12/17 »
My advice.  As long as you are reasonably fit.  Simply enjoy it.  There are very well trodden paths up.  Obviously the weather needs to be considered, at any time of year.  But if it's not appalling then, in June,  you should be fine.  O0

Worcester John

« Reply #2 on: 17:25:13, 31/12/17 »
A memorable night, many years ago, was when we were camping in The Pass in January. After an evening in the Padarn, one of the lads said “I’m going to sleep on the top, anyone coming”. So four of us found ourselves going up Snowdon – in the snow – and biving next to the old café.
I’ll never forget the view on waking up in the morning. The sun was shining on the tops of the snow-covered peaks which were sticking out of the valley cloud.
Hope your night walk is blessed with good weather. Perhaps you can do it first in daylight to get a better idea of the route.  And think of getting a head torch.
Disabled Ramblers https://disabledramblers.co.uk/ [nofollow]

RogerA

« Reply #3 on: 15:23:18, 08/01/18 »
I walked up and down Snowdon last year, it was my first big hike and built it up in my head into a mountainous challenge and got very worried about it and whether I'd be able to cope and what I'd do if I got into trouble.

I wanted to do it as an achievement for myself, something to show myself that after all the weight I'd lost and moderate fitness I'd gained during the year there was something 'solid' I could now achieve that was previously uncontemplateable.

I went with a very small group and guide, up the Pyg track and down Miners and thoughoughly enjoyed it, while it was hard going, in heavy rain / fog both ways and my thighs hurt for about a week after, the adrenaline had me bouncing on the way down.

BuzyG is absolutely right, have fun enjoy the walk and the occassion. Dont get too worked up about it (like I did). Let us know how you get on.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy