Author Topic: Lady Annes Way  (Read 694 times)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Lady Annes Way
« on: 12:51:59, 14/01/18 »
I 'discovered' this route this morning, never heard of it before. The route is now fully waymarked. Has it been around a long time? Has anyone walked it?

Addingham

Re: Lady Annes Way
« Reply #1 on: 14:34:03, 14/01/18 »
I 'discovered' this route this morning, never heard of it before. The route is now fully waymarked. Has it been around a long time? Has anyone walked it?

Sheila Gordon, author of Lady Anne’s Way, found a tremendous response to her original walking guide published in 1995. Although living near Skipton I hadn't heard of it before last year. So many LDWs nowadays. :)

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 15:14:20, 14/01/18 »
Is that the same as Lady Annes highway? Yorkshire/cumbria? I have walked a little of it as a daywalk, didnt know t was a route as such, never mind a LDW.
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Addingham

« Reply #3 on: 15:27:25, 14/01/18 »
Is that the same as Lady Annes highway? Yorkshire/cumbria? I have walked a little of it as a daywalk, didnt know t was a route as such, never mind a LDW.

Yes, I think so. Although Lady Annes highway is only part of it about 12 miles a day walk. It's ruddy confusing nowadays with so many LDW appearing. ;D

I could be wrong but it does look that way. The route is now fully waymarked (Dec . 2017) that is for the full 100 miles. Skipton to Penrith
« Last Edit: 16:05:28, 14/01/18 by Addingham »

High Way Chris

« Reply #4 on: 16:29:34, 14/01/18 »
Lady Anne's Way - 100 miles from Skipton to Penrith includes the section called Lady Anne's High Way above Mallerstang. It was first devised in 1995 but has just been waymarked. There's a walk to celebrate the waymarking planned for March 2nd. Lots of info on the website at https://www.ladyannesway.co.uk/ [nofollow]
« Last Edit: 18:21:05, 14/01/18 by High Way Chris »

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy