Author Topic: Headtorches  (Read 704 times)

Davon

Headtorches
« on: 19:46:43, 16/01/18 »

Hi
Is anyone an owner of a Petzl Nao + or Reactik. +
Would love to know their opinions on them . (ie Is the Nao worth the extra £ over the Reactik ?)
Thanks

Bhod

• Veteran Member
Re: Headtorches
« Reply #1 on: 21:35:59, 16/01/18 »
Can't comment on the Reactik but love my Nao+, best head torch I've ever owned.  Brighter than a bright thing on boost mode, headlight bright on normal mode, easy to use with gloves and also bluetooth capable.  If you've got the money to spare then yes this is the torch for you, am quite sure there are equally as good and cheaper torches out there but I liked the reviews and the styling of this one.
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

Davon

« Reply #2 on: 22:46:42, 16/01/18 »

Can't comment on the Reactik but love my Nao+, best head torch I've ever owned.  Brighter than a bright thing on boost mode, headlight bright on normal mode, easy to use with gloves and also bluetooth capable.  If you've got the money to spare then yes this is the torch for you, am quite sure there are equally as good and cheaper torches out there but I liked the reviews and the styling of this one.
Thanks ,
Is the app any good with it . I keep hearing it crashes !! , and how is battery life ?

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 08:28:20, 17/01/18 »
To be honest I've never used the app since I bought the torch, battery life is good though, I used it for 6+ hours on normal mode for a Lyke Wake Walk crossing last year with no problems whatsoever and still had battery life left.  The high beam mode reckons about 2.5 hours battery life, another feature of the torch is the battery level indicator, also with the unit being usb rechargeable it's easy to just connect it up to a phone bank charger should the need arise.  Although headweight isn't an issue (I never felt discomfort after 6 hours of wearing) I am considering purchasing the extender cable to be able to move the battery to my waist belt another added option.
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy