Author Topic: Lakes gets its own currency  (Read 3264 times)

beefy

• Veteran Member
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
Re: Lakes gets its own currency
« Reply #1 on: 14:22:09, 02/05/18 »
If you can't spend it in the Old Dungeon Ghyll, The Royal Oak in Braithwaite or the Wasdale Head it's not going in my wallet  ;D .  Fun idea?  I'm not sure I see any harm in it, but cannot imagine it'll make any difference to anything.

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 19:27:03, 02/05/18 »
Try and get a few of these notes, as ones produced for parts of South Wales, who tried the same sort of business venture, are now highly prized, and quite valuable.
Certain businesses in Swansea produced similar banknotes around five years ago, the £5 note goes for anything up to £50 if you can find one.
Not many were produced, and the venture did not amount to a great deal, but the notes that were printed, are highly collectable,  if you can find any for sale.

I did a quick internet search, but could not find any.

Penygadair

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20:43:55, 03/05/18 »
O K. But it's a bit rich coming from Beefy who has a reputation for never spending in any currency!!!!!  especially when it comes to beer.

:D :D

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 07:39:49, 04/05/18 »
If you can't spend it in the Old Dungeon Ghyll, The Royal Oak in Braithwaite or the Wasdale Head it's not going in my wallet  ;D .  Fun idea?  I'm not sure I see any harm in it, but cannot imagine it'll make any difference to anything.
;D
Try and get a few of these notes, as ones produced for parts of South Wales, who tried the same sort of business venture, are now highly prized, and quite valuable.
Certain businesses in Swansea produced similar banknotes around five years ago, the £5 note goes for anything up to £50 if you can find one.
Not many were produced, and the venture did not amount to a great deal, but the notes that were printed, are highly collectable,  if you can find any for sale.

I did a quick internet search, but could not find any.
I'l see what I can do

O K. But it's a bit rich coming from Beefy who has a reputation for never spending in any currency!!!!!  especially when it comes to beer.

:D :D
Us mountain men have no need for money
We barter with goods  :D

Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy