Author Topic: Favourite local walk - Osmotherley circular walk via Cod Beck Reservoir  (Read 2714 times)

wildCAMPER

How's everyone doing on week 2 into lockdown! I must say I find it hard not being able to venture far to do my walking - but fortunately there is a short local walk I can do which isn't far away at all and I never tire of it and I thought I would share it for others in the area looking for a short route to get outdoors and away from it all for a bit ha.

It starts from the village of Osmotherley, and walks along the Cleveland Way for half of it, and returns via the ever popular Cod Beck Reservoir.

Here's the map route below:

And some photos of what to expect (taken a while ago as you can see from the leaves on the trees!)

If your interested in finding out more on my favourite local walk near Teesside, check out my blog post on this OSMOTHERLEY WALK, VIA COD BECK RESERVOIR & THE CLEVELAND WAY https://www.hikingphotographer.uk/2015/07/osmotherley-circular-walk-via-cod-beck.html

« Last Edit: 09:17:17, 18/11/20 by wildCAMPER »

jimbob

• Veteran Member
Thanks for this. I remember that section of the CW quite well. The thought of a fish n chip reward is actually quite enticing. Roll on total freedom of movement.
Too little, too late, too bad......

pleb

• Veteran Member
Great views  O0
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
Cracking pics O0

wildCAMPER

Cheers everyone - it's a cracking section of the Cleveland Way and Osmotherley is one of my favourite villages in this area so a good place to start the walk!

Aye Roll on Freedom of Movement once more eh :-)

strawy

Its a fine walk,I did a "version" of this just 3 weeks ago,to extend it,once past Cod Beck i went up thru the woodland then along the road to square corner and back to Osmotherley via Oakdale on another section of CW,8.5 miles in total.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy