Author Topic: Would you or not...what happened ....  (Read 1347 times)

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: Would you or not...what happened ....
« Reply #15 on: 20:39:08, 22/01/21 »
By 'eck Dodgylegs, for someone with dodgy legs, you do find an awful lot of steep (and muddy) steps  ;D

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 21:00:50, 22/01/21 »
By 'eck Dodgylegs, for someone with dodgy legs, you do find an awful lot of steep (and muddy) steps  ;D
Ha! Mel, I think you may have worked out how he earned his name.

Hopefully he won't be needing to change his name to "dodgy legs and shoulders"
Too little, too late, too bad......

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 22:37:24, 22/01/21 »

Good to have you back Mel! O0

Progressed from, as a young'un, Dodgyknees (destroyed my athletics/football) to Dodgylegs, although I should change name as I've recently been informed of the reasons why! Six or seven years ago I couldn't walk up or down steps well at all, Boggle Hole springs to mind! Was improving dramatically, until you may recall my early morning walk up the Cheviot as the sun came up.
Mapped walks from front door since, well since you know what....

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 22:38:55, 22/01/21 »
Ha! Mel, I think you may have worked out how he earned his name.
Hopefully he won't be needing to change his name to "dodgy legs and shoulders"

jimbo, You missed out neck, back, arm .....  ;)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 10:27:21, 23/01/21 »
I had a 'would you or not....what happened....' moment, two of them in the last 10 years. Yesterday I was rummaging around my garage and I heard a noise and an elderly neighbour stood behind me, inappropriately dressed for the cold weather, and talking to me. I quickly realised he hadn't got a clue who I was, he thought that I was his son and he was reminding me to put out the wheely bins for collection. It was Friday and our bins are collected Tuesday. I just took him back to his house. Luckily he hadn't left his front door key indoors. I then went home, it's only a few yards away and my wife phoned his daughter. She came to him about 15 minutes later.

A similar event occurred when I was walking the Tour du Mont Blanc some years ago. I'd arrived at Chamonix and caught the cable car to the walking route at the top of the mountain. (I know, lazy!) Once organised I started to walk towards Les Houches. On the way, I came to a Refuge so stopped for a coffee and cake and sat on the balcony to admire the view. An elderly Welsh man was already there, jabbering away incoherently to other customers and they were very confused.

I was the only UK person there and I started to talk to him and realised he had dementia. How he got there, if he was alone, how he arrived in Chamonix, I never found out. In the end, I spoke to the Patron with a French English speaking customer to help me. The Patron agreed to phone the local Health or Social Services Department. Someone I'm sure got a free trip to the Refuge that day. And that was it, a few minutes later I was my way again.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy