Author Topic: Any suggestions please how to use my redundant car?  (Read 1586 times)

Jac

• Veteran Member
Re: Any suggestions please how to use my redundant car?
« Reply #15 on: 09:32:17, 06/07/19 »

Jac, I've spent most of the last two years trying to convince Mrs PH that we need a camper. Would save a fortune on accommodation in the long run. But she has a fair point in that we already have cars we hardly drive and adding another would be silly!
That doesn't for one minute mean I don't want one!
 :)

I empathise - I've spent years trying to convince my partner to 'share the investment' in one -  but no good. Damned if I'll shell out all the cost and then he comes along too for the ride!
Not sure you save on accommodation though, campers are expensive, but fun and I like the independence.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 14:13:37, 06/07/19 »

I have a 7 seater diesel car which is now practically worthless in terms of a sale and nowadays I hardly ever use it. I'm retired, I live in a flat city, I have a bus pass, I can walk, the train station is 500yds away, I have a bike - I no longer need a car but I just can't bring myself, at the moment to just 'give it away!'

Sounds very similar to the vehicle that Boris drives.That should be incentive enough to get rid of it! Perhaps you could donate it to the Tories.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 22:04:04, 06/07/19 »
I think you're hankering after another walkies aren't you GWM?  Soooooo.....flog your car and use the proceeds to fund a train/bus to Cirencester in Gloucestershire and walk back home via Westward Ho! in Devon.

(I actually just stuck a pin in a map to "choose" these places  ;D  )

Don't think about it, just do it  O0

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 09:36:17, 07/07/19 »
...or better still, the Cairngorms, gwm!  :D
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Doddy

« Reply #19 on: 11:22:36, 07/07/19 »
I thought about making a camper for along time eventually bought a Citroen Berlingo and use it as a micro camper,; one of my best decisions to date.
You could cut it in half and make it into a trailer; sensibly you could use part of the year and tax and insure it for less time to cut down costs.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy