Author Topic: A misty , mired and muddy , march near Redditch , Worcestershire .  (Read 950 times)

GnP

• Veteran Member

Took a 10 mile plod starting at the Arrow Valley country park , part of which according to the OS mapping runs straight through a golf course in between and across fairways  . No one was playing today so I was not too perturbed .

Just after leaving the golf course the entrance to this equestrian centre appears . I quite like the sculpture .

Across the road and uphill to St Leonards Church with some lovely snow drops appearing .

Then out into open farmland..plenty of mud but good to be out doors .

Looking back from whence I came .

Looking down from Hobb Hill toward Lilley Green Hall Farm.

A retired tractor pointing the way .

Farm detritus .

My friend , Loppy .

I was glad of my GPS today as my paper tile ended up looking like tissue paper in the wet .

Nearing the end of my walk with a manicured part of the country park .

I was delighted to make another friend . This fella just sat there posing for me .

I found this walk quite tough on my ol` legs . The mud was never ending . In parts the fields looked like lakes .

Thanks for having a gander !   O0
« Last Edit: 22:58:35, 04/02/21 by GinAndPlatonic »
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
You can almost feel the damp in those pictures - love the churchyard shot. 

Jac

• Veteran Member
Lovely chubby little robin, gorgeous snowdrops and a very photogenic sheep - I enjoyed that vicarious walk O0
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

vghikers

• Veteran Member
Another set of good photos from a scenic sludgefest  O0
The equine sculpture is a fine effort, mind you it would look a bit enraged being supported by a metal pole up its bum  :)

I was looking for a cheap Garmin Etrex for some experiments a while ago, but I changed my mind and I'm looking for a cheap Smartphone with certain characteristics instead, preferably second-hand, a harder task.

GnP

• Veteran Member
You can almost feel the damp in those pictures - love the churchyard shot.
I had gaiters on yesterday and my trusty leather Anatom boots all waxed up . Toward the end of the walk after wading a couple of small streams and fields with water many inches deep...my socks were squelching . No complaints though as it is to be expected .  O0

Lovely chubby little robin, gorgeous snowdrops and a very photogenic sheep - I enjoyed that vicarious walk O0
Thanks Jac..That Robin topped off a nice challenging walk . It came up so close as if expecting a treat to eat .

Another set of good photos from a scenic sludgefest  O0
The equine sculpture is a fine effort, mind you it would look a bit enraged being supported by a metal pole up its bum  :)

I was looking for a cheap Garmin Etrex for some experiments a while ago, but I changed my mind and I'm looking for a cheap Smartphone with certain characteristics instead, preferably second-hand, a harder task.
Indeed  :D
So many phones to choose from isn`t there . I made the mistake of buying one in the past for navigating , only to find out it had not got the right sensor to show direction of travel.... :-[ 
I reinstalled Back Country Navigator on my day to day phone recently and use it with Ordnance Survey mapping to confirm things if the Etrex which has Open Source mapping on doesn`t show a footpath , which in out of the way places often does not .

pleb

• Veteran Member
Looks like the tractor was giving you the finger!
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Mel

• Veteran Member
I'm guessing you couldn't find any places beginning with "Y" then..  ;)   :D

Looks a nice misty, mired, muddy march nonetheless.

Is taking pics of steaming muck heaps a "thing" round your way?  :o

GnP

• Veteran Member
Looks like the tractor was giving you the finger!
Or saying  .....gerr orrff my land  ;)

I'm guessing you couldn't find any places beginning with "Y" then..  ;)   :D

Looks a nice misty, mired, muddy march nonetheless.

Is taking pics of steaming muck heaps a "thing" round your way?  :o

Thanks , ey , that Y thingy is troubling me...I stay awake at nights.. :tickedoff:
When the day is as wet as it was then steaming , or rather smoking muck looks almost inviting ... :coolsmiley:

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy