Author Topic: A trivial trip report of a 15 mile traipse toward Tardebigge .  (Read 1445 times)

GnP

• Veteran Member

This recent sunshine in the Midlands has been a delight & hopefully others areas have had a taste too .!

I planned my start at a pub called the Gate Hangs Well , at Woodgate , but when I arrived it was being demolished . I knew it was boarded up but didn`t expect that..  ???  So I parked in a lay by very close to it . Then walked to the start point and promptly headed off in the wrong direction . I thought of Little Foot at the time and her post headed Walking Disaster. Can I join the club please . :)

It was because I imagined the pub on the opposite side of the road  to what it actually is ( why I do not know ) but I took my reference point from that perception....Totally wrong but there you go.  :-[ :)

Anyway I got sorted and hoped any demolition guys had not noticed me looking perplexed and bewildered .

For most of the walk it was blue skies all round .

The dead trunk shape reminds me of Sid from The Ice Age films... :D

I arrived at the Worcester canal and walked gently up hill following the canal for a mile or so..There are 30 locks at Tardebigge , which is supposedly the longest flight of locks in Britain .

I made another friend upon leaving the canal to head southward .

Beware the robotic hover mower !!

It was spring like ..Lovely

This made me scratch my head..A gate that doesnt quite line up with the bridge .

The sunshine makes all the difference .I am definitely a fair weather walker nowadays ..

Thanks for having a gander .  O0

A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member

This recent sunshine in the Midlands has been a delight & hopefully others areas have had a taste too .!

I planned my start at a pub called the Gate Hangs Well , at Woodgate , but when I arrived it was being demolished . I knew it was boarded up but didn`t expect that..  ???  So I parked in a lay by very close by . Then walked to the start point and promptly headed off in the wrong direction . I thought of Little Foot at the time and her post headed Walking Disaster. Can I join the club please . :)

It was because I imagined the pub on the opposite side of the road  to what it actually is ( why I do not know ) but I took my reference point from that perception....Totally wrong but there you go.  :-[ :)

Anyway I got sorted and hoped any demolition guys had not noticed me looking perplexed and bewildered .

For most of the walk it was blue skies all round .

The dead trunk shape reminds me of Sid from The Ice Age films... :D

I made another friend upon leaving the canal to head southward .

Beware the robotic hover mower !!

It was spring like ..Lovely

The sunshine makes all the difference .I am definitely a fair weather walker nowadays ..

Thanks for having a gander .  O0

Lovely to see some different scenery!

That dead tree will be scary looking coming the other way!

Haha Never seen a 'beware a robotic mower' sign!
Might have mentioned this before, but...
Someone had their robotic mower nicked, police were called as able to use tracking device to follow it's progress.
Found in the back of a van with a number of other stole items miles away!

GnP

• Veteran Member
Now I have heard it all..A tracking device on a robotic mower..how the other half live . ;D

Jac

• Veteran Member

Robotic mowers v woolly mowers, pretty roe deer and scary tree stump, blue sky green grass, glorious day but demolished pub. All life is here and I do love a horse with a moustache  :-*
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

GnP

• Veteran Member

Robotic mowers v woolly mowers, pretty roe deer and scary tree stump, blue sky green grass, glorious day but demolished pub. All life is here and I do love a horse with a moustache[/font] :-*

Chuckles....
I hand`t noticed the tache on that friendly horse ..you didn`t notice that fringe.?

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Lovely photos G&P, you did really well catching the deer. This weather is definitely the pick-me-up we all need.

I wonder how many 'longest flight of locks' there are in the country, I'm sure that's not the first one I've seen.

GnP

• Veteran Member
Lovely photos G&P, you did really well catching the deer. This weather is definitely the pick-me-up we all need.

I wonder how many 'longest flight of locks' there are in the country, I'm sure that's not the first one I've seen.

Thanks Ridge . I saw the deer on the far side of a copse and it startled me , but I couldn`t make out what it was , and for a second I wondered if it was a mysterious big cat that had escaped ...one of those stories .  ;)

Then it crashed out of the hedge across open fields .

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
Now I have heard it all..A tracking device on a robotic mower..how the other half live . ;D

Mower belonged to a hotel, which had huge lawns, the tracker was so they could find it, if it hadn't come home!  :)

Skip

• Veteran Member
Nice photos of a nice area with great views across to the Malvern Hills - thanks for posting  :)
Skip

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Some gorgeous photos there, G&P - what a difference the sun makes! Good catch with the deer.

I do enjoy walking along canal towpaths - there's something about being beside the still water.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Jac

• Veteran Member
Chuckles....
I hand`t noticed the tache on that friendly horse ..you didn`t notice that fringe.?

Lookng better than my fringe - obviously his hairdresser is still working ;D
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

GnP

• Veteran Member

Mower belonged to a hotel, which had huge lawns, the tracker was so they could find it, if it hadn't come home!  :)

That`s a great story..conjures up all sorts of scenarios and just reminded me of the guy who rode several hundred mile on a lawn mower to visit his sick brother in the US . A film was made about him called The Straight Story .

Nice photos of a nice area with great views across to the Malvern Hills - thanks for posting  :) 

Thanks , how I wish I could name hills by their outlines.
It is a delightful area . I crossed paths with a local lady who said she was out for an hour before work and was surprised to find yet another path that she hadn`t walked in over 30 years .  :)

Some gorgeous photos there, G&P - what a difference the sun makes! Good catch with the deer.

I do enjoy walking along canal towpaths - there's something about being beside the still water.

Thanks Richard . I have noticed footfall on towpaths increasing but the nice thing about having so many locks , is they afford a wide passing area if needed..a sort of lay by & I agree with you about water . O0

Lookng better than my fringe - obviously his hairdresser is still working ;D

I don`t mind my long hair at the moment it keeps my head warm on these cold mornings . ;)

vghikers

• Veteran Member
Lovely sunny Midlands scenery and pics again  O0

...I don`t mind my long hair at the moment it keeps my head warm on these cold mornings

I like it too, being a teen of the sixties and all, but by the time lockdown ends I think I'll need a thatcher rather than a hairdresser (or maybe that robotic mower!).  :)

GnP

• Veteran Member
Lovely sunny Midlands scenery and pics again  O0

I like it too, being a teen of the sixties and all, but by the time lockdown ends I think I'll need a thatcher rather than a hairdresser (or maybe that robotic mower!).  :)

Thanks VG.. !

Oh of a certain age also . ? ;)

I like it , except the drying of said hair after every shower .. :)

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
I think I'll need a thatcher rather than a hairdresser (or maybe that robotic mower!).  :)

Met two friends, had a laugh with them ....one looked like Max Wall, the other Worzel Gummidge!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy