Author Topic: Inserting photos  (Read 6917 times)

Roburite

Inserting photos
« on: 21:14:11, 02/12/20 »
How do I put a picture into a post?

fernman

• Veteran Member
Re: Inserting photos
« Reply #1 on: 22:44:39, 02/12/20 »
You need to use ImgBB or Postimage.
I use the latter, where you have to select in advance what size you want your result to be. 340 will give you a small but acceptable one, 640 a nice large one.
Upload your image and a url will apear, on Postimage the 2nd line down is the one you want. You can click on a little Copy button at the end of the line which will copy it to your clipboard.
On the Walking Forum, click on the first menu button on the second line down.
Past the url from ImgBB or Postimage into the box, OK it. and hey presto the photo will appear in the post you are composing.
Hope this makes sense and that I haven't made it sound too complicated!

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 08:52:27, 03/12/20 »
You first need the photo (or image) to be available online. There are many places where images might be stored, including those mentioned.

The URL of the image must be placed inside 'img tags' as shown below:

[img]http://walkingforum.co.uk/walkingforum.png[/img]

For example, when the above URL is placed inside img tags in a post, the image appears as shown below:

Walk, Jog, Run : our YouTube video channel.

Roburite

« Reply #3 on: 12:43:31, 03/12/20 »
Thanks Fernman. Not too complicated.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 14:20:31, 03/12/20 »
Just discovered this morning that you can copy and paste a photo directly from Facebook, something I used to be able to do ages ago and am please I can do again - thanks, I imagine, to the guy who has just finished upgrading my ancient laptop.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Roburite

« Reply #5 on: 12:28:44, 28/12/20 »
Thanks for all the advice about how to post images. I used the 'postimage' method and found it very easy. However a strange thing has happened. I use either an Android tablet or my old Windows laptop to access the internet. This morning I went to this forum on my tablet and my picture had gone leaving a message from postimage saying 'image not found'. On checking with my laptop I find that the picture is still there; where I left it. Can anyone explain this? Does this often happen with posts created on phones and tablets?

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 13:21:30, 28/12/20 »
On Postimages there is a box below 'Do not resize my images' that is set to 'No expiration' by default but can be set to 'Remove after 1 day, 7 days, 31 days'. Did you change it? I always leave it on 'No expiration' and I've not had any problem.

Roburite

« Reply #7 on: 13:49:55, 28/12/20 »
Thanks Fernman. I did wonder whether that was it but why is it that my photo is still available on a windows computer but not on the Android tablet?

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 16:07:45, 15/04/21 »
I shrink my photos to 800 pixels wide, then upload them to imgbb. To insert an image, I copy the 'Direct Link' for the image, and then paste it into the pop up box that you get when you click on the image icon when writing a post.  
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Thomas Pedersson

« Reply #9 on: 22:13:40, 17/09/21 »
[nofollow]

Yay at last!!! Langden Brook forest of Bowland.
« Last Edit: 22:31:12, 17/09/21 by Thomas Pedersson »

LorrainePoole

« Reply #10 on: 10:18:33, 02/03/22 »
i found instazoomhd it can let you enlarge photos on instragram
« Last Edit: 07:21:00, 03/03/22 by LorrainePoole »

Tony Urwin

« Reply #11 on: 22:18:10, 06/02/24 »
Just testing - From my Fimmvorduhals trail hike in Iceland last year.  Can people see this?  

Dread

« Reply #12 on: 23:05:26, 06/02/24 »
If it just me but do all pics show initially in the wrong ratio (too tall). Then press on them and they resize? That's using an Android phone.

Tony Urwin

« Reply #13 on: 06:49:42, 07/02/24 »
I just tested that on my iPhone and the same issue, at least when I viewed my own photo posted above.  Maybe its just my photo?

Dread

« Reply #14 on: 06:54:33, 07/02/24 »
I get the same issue with all photos, not just yours. It's a great photo by the way.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy