Author Topic: Doug Scott  (Read 831 times)

GrumpyPhart

Doug Scott
« on: 20:59:43, 07/12/20 »
Doug Scott passed away this morning after a battle with cancer. A mountaineering legend, I was proud to have joined one of his treks to Everest Base Camp a few years ago. In doing so I was able to help support his charitable work for the people of Nepal.RIP Doug

Peak

Re: Doug Scott
« Reply #1 on: 12:56:09, 08/12/20 »
Someone I know has memories of him as a Geography & PE Teacher here in Nottingham many years ago, he seemed to be liked by all. RIP Doug.

Zizag

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 00:01:05, 09/12/20 »
Chris Bonnington .
Gave a tribute today about Doug Scott.
Said he was a very brave person and mountaineer Had a great sense of humour .
He Instigated and started a Charity in Nepal
Sadly he fought a long battle with Cancer.
RIP to a Kind person and a Legend

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 10:56:16, 10/12/20 »
Out of the seven, high profile mountaineers ive met, who successfully summited Everest, only Doug Scott was the most welcoming and approachable.

I was lucky to meet him on two separate occasions, the first was when i gave him a lift to the railway station in Carmarthen to collect his wife off the London train.

As a mark of his appreciation, he gave me a free copy of his brand new book, that retailed for £25, that's the kind of bloke he was, a real gentleman.

The most miserable of all celebrities, was Alan Hinkes, who was at Bangor University back in 2018,

It takes nothing to be pleasant and polite towards total strangers, but Doug Scott will be sadly missed.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy