Author Topic: April 12th  (Read 1159 times)

Peak

April 12th
« on: 08:25:11, 23/02/21 »
All being well we should be able to travel & wild camp again from this date, I plan to go for a overnight stay somewhere around Kinder to test the lightest gear and overall weight that I've ever carried before, if alls well then I can start to enjoy my new found freedom. What are you planning?

windyrigg

• Veteran Member
Re: April 12th
« Reply #1 on: 08:45:18, 23/02/21 »
The Border ridge in the Cheviots, quickly followed by the Lakes  :)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 08:50:18, 23/02/21 »
Wild camps in out of the way spots on the Lakeland Fells. No specific plans yet, but fancy Upper Eskdale, or maybe Blind Tarn south of Dow Crag. I will be taking care to avoid the usual wild camping honeypots such as Grisedale Tarn, Sty Head Tarn, Angle Tarn etc; I would do this irrespective of Covid.

April 12th still 7 weeks away though, the winter lost, but hopefully we will be getting some decent weather by then.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 08:51:29, 23/02/21 »
The Border ridge in the Cheviots,...  :)

On my 'to do' list for this year.

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 09:35:40, 23/02/21 »
I think we are going to hear a bit about the situation in Scotland today. I shall be very jealous if you can get to the Cheviot Ridge before I can!

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 10:31:10, 23/02/21 »
Tempted to do the Pennine Way again or the Pennie Journey west to east this time but before I get ahead of myself I might just settle and walk across West Sussex/Kent on the High Weald Trail or make up a walk by combing different routes?

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 11:37:04, 23/02/21 »
I think we are going to hear a bit about the situation in Scotland today. I shall be very jealous if you can get to the Cheviot Ridge before I can!
We might have to stop on the claggy side of the fence!
Too little, too late, too bad......

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 12:37:48, 23/02/21 »
Day walks for me I suspect unless I find available, reasonably priced self-contained/catering accommodation.  Also looking into hiring a campervan for a week.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 13:16:54, 23/02/21 »
Day walks for me I suspect unless I find available, reasonably priced self-contained/catering accommodation.  Also looking into hiring a campervan for a week.

Neither a cheap option when single :(
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Florence Lamb

« Reply #9 on: 18:14:25, 23/02/21 »
If anyone doing PW and backpacking, I understand Camping and Caravan sites not accepting backpackers until the May release date as no toilet facilities. I guess that would include Crowden and Bellingham. Only mentioning it as I’ve seen a couple of mentions of it on here recently although it may be for after May

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 19:16:35, 23/02/21 »
Wild camping it is then.  I think from hearing Sturgeon's plan it's fair to say accelerated restrictions will remain to keep the tourists out, so I'm likely expecting the Lakes, perhaps the Pennines or Cheviots. 

Like you Richard I'd like to head to Eskdale, head to the Copeland Hills and mosey via the Ennerdale Forest to get to some of the quieter areas off the most popular paths.  Hopefully if I'm out early enough (before it properly warm up) it'll be a little quieter.

veracocha

« Reply #11 on: 19:27:27, 23/02/21 »
I booked 3 nights at Sykeside in Hartsop for April 17/18/19. Three nights up in the hills and breakfast back down at camp.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 20:00:44, 23/02/21 »
I booked 3 nights at Sykeside in Hartsop for April 17/18/19. Three nights up in the hills and breakfast back down at camp.

Really like it there. One of my stopping off points when I travelled from Lincoln back to Orkney.

veracocha

« Reply #13 on: 20:06:01, 23/02/21 »

Really like it there. One of my stopping off points when I travelled from Lincoln back to Orkney.

Stopped there many times but still go back as there's so many super walks all close by and some cracking places to camp overnight.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 20:18:49, 23/02/21 »
We are planning some wild camps from 12 April onwards. Looks like Scotland not open to us lot at first so it will be Lakes, North Pennines at first then back exploring Scotland when we are allowed back. We have also just booked a caravan in Wooler for Sep. Luxury for us that is  :)  It feels wonderful to make proper plans again and be able to live again.

Hate will never win

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy