Author Topic: Low level walks  (Read 2151 times)

Toxicbunny

Low level walks
« on: 15:17:34, 23/08/20 »
I've managed to book a week back in the lake district. I am still having problems with my knee. The walks with sharp decents seem to create problems. I'm looking for low level walks.  Its annoying as I wont be doing hard knotted etc.  I'm looking for some low level walk suggestions with Gpx so I can input into my garmin. The length isn't an issue just im trying to lay off from hills. Any suggestions. Also some swimming spots. Even though its October I will be having a swim with the dog.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
Re: Low level walks
« Reply #1 on: 16:51:13, 23/08/20 »
How about a circuit of Ennerdale. We stayed at Mireside Farm more than 20 years ago. It was very quiet then. You could also do a circuit of Buttermere and add on the west side of Crummock Water, although there isn’t a good route on the east for the return. I imagine Buttermere would be pretty busy.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 16:55:18, 23/08/20 »
Solvitur Ambulando

Sarah Pitht

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 18:14:12, 23/08/20 »
Langstrath from Stonethwaite. Afraid I don't have a GPS trace but it's fairly straightforward - out along the Cumbria way and back on the other side of the valley. For swimming you can jump into Black Moss Pot or Swim at the Fariry Pools at Galleny Force.

You can do a nice circular of Gt and Little Langdale - not sure if the climb up to Blea Tarn would be too much for your knee.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 20:30:34, 23/08/20 »
A circuit of Buttermere and Crummock Water.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Solvitur Ambulando

Toxicbunny

« Reply #6 on: 21:42:39, 23/08/20 »
Thank you. I'm under physio ( telephone only) for Patellofemoral pain syndrome . I thought by now it would be getting better. I will have to stick with low level and stay off the fells. I will put all these in my garmin. 

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 08:12:39, 24/08/20 »
Another option - Eskdale, from Ravenglass to Boot, using La'al Ratty for your return!

WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Rivingtonboots

« Reply #8 on: 11:20:27, 26/09/20 »
https://my.viewranger.com/route/details/MjA3MTE4Mg== [nofollow]
https://my.viewranger.com/route/details/MjA3MTE5NQ== [nofollow]
Respectively
Thanks for those.
Because of the same knee problem I'll be looking ar some low level walks while we're in Keswick next month.
Never done either of those so they'll be perfect

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy