Author Topic: Old camera  (Read 2017 times)

Roburite

Old camera
« on: 11:08:52, 06/01/21 »
I'm doing a bit if clearing out and I've come across a compact digital camera that I loved and used for several years. It went everywhere in my pocket and was well used. Eventually I realised that my phone had a better camera so stopped carrying it but somehow didn't take photos as often as I used to. Here it is now, covered in dust (for a while) and with a memory card in it. In a few minutes I'll have a look to see what was on it but right now I'm wondering what to do with it. The recycling truck is just driving past. Should I put it in there next week? Do you have any ideas friends?

pleb

• Veteran Member
Re: Old camera
« Reply #1 on: 11:28:46, 06/01/21 »
Do you know anybody who hasn't got one?
I have a couple of old film cameras, never do anything with them.
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 11:34:41, 06/01/21 »
Charity shop - when they open again. Clear the memory card and include that and, if you can find it, the charger.

Funny you find you take less photos with your mobile. I am thinking of upgrading the mobile as I find myself reaching for mine rather than the bulkier camera then taking poorer photos. Carrying just one thing would be so much easier
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:07:28, 06/01/21 »
I'm doing a bit if clearing out and I've come across a compact digital camera that I loved and used for several years. It went everywhere in my pocket and was well used. Eventually I realised that my phone had a better camera so stopped carrying it but somehow didn't take photos as often as I used to. Here it is now, covered in dust (for a while) and with a memory card in it. In a few minutes I'll have a look to see what was on it but right now I'm wondering what to do with it. The recycling truck is just driving past. Should I put it in there next week? Do you have any ideas friends?
What make of camera is it? Any young children about who might like a starter camera?

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 13:45:09, 06/01/21 »
Charity shop - when they open again. Clear the memory card and include that and, if you can find it, the charger.

Funny you find you take less photos with your mobile. I am thinking of upgrading the mobile as I find myself reaching for mine rather than the bulkier camera then taking poorer photos. Carrying just one thing would be so much easier

Charity shop definitely. It's where all my unwanted bits and bobs go when I no longer want them, and there's a feeling of satisfaction that you're helping a cause.

Although I have a good camera on the new phone I bought last August, I still prefer to slip my little compact in a pocket when I know I'll be taking some pictures, while my dslr is my choice for holidays (remember them?) and doing quality stuff at home with a tripod.

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 17:19:31, 06/01/21 »
Keep it and treasure it . Remember the good times every time you pick it up .  :smitten:
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 17:23:11, 06/01/21 »
If you find that you take photos with the camera but not with your phone, why not bring it back into service?

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 17:30:01, 25/01/21 »
Keep it and treasure it . Remember the good times every time you pick it up .  :smitten:

I still have my OM10 and all the lenses tripods flashes adaptors etc. The body and 50mm lens, was a present from my parents for my 21st birthday.  Those and my Times Atlases will be with me for the kids to do as they think fit with, when I am gone. :)

Skip

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 16:38:45, 26/01/21 »
Keep it and treasure it . Remember the good times every time you pick it up .

Yup, if you have the space hang on to it.
Skip

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy