Author Topic: Hello from Gloucester  (Read 2155 times)

Lisajf

Hello from Gloucester
« on: 11:06:50, 11/04/20 »
Hello all

Once all this is over I'm looking forward to walking back in the Cotswolds. Before Corona virus I took it for granted.

To stay fit I'm doing my gymnastics in the garden for now. What is everyone else doing?

Anyway nice to meet you all.

Lisa x

vghikers

• Veteran Member
Re: Hello from Gloucester
« Reply #1 on: 11:53:56, 11/04/20 »
Welcome from Manchester  :)

To stay fit I'm doing my gymnastics in the garden for now. What is everyone else doing?

Oh for the vigour of youth!  :( Just short local walks in the near-flatlands of Cheshire and a bit of weight training for us.

Lisajf

« Reply #2 on: 12:00:37, 11/04/20 »
Just short local walks in the near-flatlands of Cheshire and a bit of weight training for us.

It's good to stay fit to keep us healthy and sain. If I get enough interest I will run an online stretch class in the week. A class just for forum members.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:19:52, 11/04/20 »
Hi and welcome from the north edge of London. I'm doing local walks and looking at pictures of hills.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 12:58:22, 11/04/20 »
Welcome to the forum from the southern edge of the Lake District, Lisa.

I'm lucky enough to have some delightful country on my doorstep, so I can carry on walking pretty much as normal, except that driving to the higher fells is not allowed. Take a look at the Lakeland Lockdown thread on this forum if you wish - I'm keeping a local walking diary to help keep me sane!
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Lisajf

« Reply #5 on: 12:59:30, 11/04/20 »
I'm doing local walks and looking at pictures of hills.

Good good  :)  take some photos on your walks and post them  O0

Lisa x

Lisajf

« Reply #6 on: 13:01:47, 11/04/20 »
I'm keeping a local walking diary to help keep me sane!

You're so lucky. Take some photos on your walk. If you'd like to join my stretch class let me know 😊

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 13:02:53, 11/04/20 »
Hello from Portsmouth. I was married in Hucclecote Church in the mid-60s. Always remember it, a day after Boxing Day, the church had a huge Christmas holly display inside. My wife's wedding dress train got caught on it at and the whole of the display just crashed to the ground! Very embarrassing!

Lisajf

« Reply #8 on: 13:07:51, 11/04/20 »
I was married in Hucclecote Church in the mid-60s.

Cool you should visit and walk some of the Cotswolds trails. I'm nearer Stroud than Gloucester I suppose. I know Hucclecote and will go walking up that way after lockdown  :)

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 13:11:11, 11/04/20 »
Welcome from Aberdeenshire. I am managing some shortish walks from the front door.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 13:12:55, 11/04/20 »

You're so lucky. Take some photos on your walk. If you'd like to join my stretch class let me know 😊

Lots of photos here! http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=40060.0  :)
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 13:15:42, 11/04/20 »
Hi Lisa & welcome from the Peak District O0

I’m lucky to live where I do, as I have a good selection of walks I can do from home.
Being in an area where we’re usually swamped with tourists, it feels strange but nice at the same time that it’s so quiet :)

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Lisajf

« Reply #12 on: 13:15:54, 11/04/20 »

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 14:11:52, 11/04/20 »
Hi Lisa, welcome form Devon.
I liked Gloucester.  I spent my penultimate tour at RAF Innsworth on the outskirts of the city.
At time, I had a big campervan that made a great weekend base for walks in the Cotswolds, Forest of Dean, Brecon Beacons, Malverns and the Black Mountains. 
Solvitur Ambulando

Lisajf

« Reply #14 on: 15:17:07, 11/04/20 »
I had a big campervan that made a great weekend base for walks in the Cotswolds, Forest of Dean, Brecon Beacons, Malverns and the Black Mountains.

When lockdown finishes you'll have to come up this way and we'll do the Forest of Dean. Been a while since I've been there.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy