Author Topic: PLANTAR FASCIITIS - A WALKERS NIGHTMARE!  (Read 6792 times)

Tassimo

Re: PLANTAR FASCIITIS - A WALKERS NIGHTMARE!
« Reply #15 on: 19:32:51, 11/04/13 »
I then saw an advert in the paper for Orhtaheel insoles. It  described exactly what I had and although sceptical I purchased a pair for £22. To my amazement the pain went after a week. I now wear thes

My foot doctor recommended Orthaheels too  O0

Trampilot

« Reply #16 on: 12:05:32, 12/04/13 »
Had this when I was in middle school. I complained for about year to my parents that I was in pain when they took me on long walks but they thought I was just moaning!

Evenutally got it diagnosed and told to keep off it for about 2 months while it healed.

gotmeheadshaved

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 13:50:54, 12/04/13 »
... I then saw an advert in the paper for Orhtaheel insoles. It  described exactly what I had and although sceptical I purchased a pair for £22. To my amazement the pain went after a week. I now wear these in all my shoes and have done for 15 years since the problem.

Hi Nudge. Thanks for your comments. Much appreciated. A few other friends mentioned orthoheels and I ended up buying some (from Boots) last month. I wear them in my shoes (for work), my trainers (for gym etc) and my walking boots and they are great! I think they have really helped the condition and things are improving now  O0

Steve

Steve (gotmeheadshaved)

'Brothers, what we do in life, echoes in eternity'

gotmeheadshaved

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 13:52:36, 12/04/13 »
Thank you everyone for your comments  :) O0

All the best

Steve
Steve (gotmeheadshaved)

'Brothers, what we do in life, echoes in eternity'

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 22:28:52, 12/04/13 »
Orthaheels aren't cheap, but it's worth noting - they come with a 30 day money-back guarantee. If, say after 3 or 4 weeks you see no improvement then you can return them and get a full refund.

Catbells

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 19:33:18, 13/04/13 »
I've bought these gel things to help stop the balls of my feet getting sore, they are white, and you attach them to your middle toe with the gel underneath, anyone used them? Do they work?  sometimes the balls of my feet get so sore that every little stone hurts
Catbells, a truly lovely walk

dellwalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 21:23:57, 13/04/13 »
I've bought these gel things to help stop the balls of my feet getting sore, they are white, and you attach them to your middle toe with the gel underneath, anyone used them? Do they work?  sometimes the balls of my feet get so sore that every little stone hurts
I got this problem with the balls of my feet and after months of trying different options I found my shoes were too narrow. The problem dissapeared when I used wider shoes, it was unbelievable the difference!!

Tassimo

« Reply #22 on: 21:30:01, 13/04/13 »
I got this problem with the balls of my feet and after months of trying different options I found my shoes were too narrow. The problem dissapeared when I used wider shoes, it was unbelievable the difference!!

Bingo! This is exactly what I have just been experiencing and since I have changed to a wider boot, no problem. However, trying to find a wide mountain boot is causing me some bother.

Catbells

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 21:31:45, 13/04/13 »

Thats very interesting 'dellwalker' I have been considering getting my feet measured etc.. but in Essex there arent many shops that do that well not that i know of, GoOutDoors just sell you off the shelf. Maybe on my next visit to Betswy Wales that maybe the answer....  It's horrible isnt it! My feet take a few days to recover too.... :(

Catbells

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 21:32:52, 13/04/13 »
My heels are fine, its just the balls of my feet, I thought it was because I have soft skin on my feet?

Tassimo

« Reply #25 on: 21:33:56, 13/04/13 »
My heels are fine, its just the balls of my feet, I thought it was because I have soft skin on my feet?

My pain was (is?) in the balls of my feet  >:(

Catbells

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 21:40:08, 13/04/13 »

My pain was (is?) in the balls of my feet  >:(

Mine usually start hurting around the 11 to 12 miles distance of walking, just sore more that hurt.... I only wear one pair of socks, I tried two on the Dartmoor wild camp and ended up with blisters on my heels, ouch!! wont do that again, taken 2 weeks for them to heel up!!

Tassimo

« Reply #27 on: 21:41:22, 13/04/13 »

Mine usually start hurting around the 11 to 12 miles distance of walking, just sore more that hurt.... I only wear one pair of socks, I tried two on the Dartmoor wild camp and ended up with blisters on my heels, ouch!! wont do that again, taken 2 weeks for them to heel up!!

Try and have a look at the thread I started about painful boots. Describes exactly what I was going through.  O0

Catbells

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 21:49:32, 13/04/13 »

Try and have a look at the thread I started about painful boots. Describes exactly what I was going through.  O0

ok will do  O0 It makes the end of your walk miserable eh!

Tassimo

« Reply #29 on: 21:50:37, 13/04/13 »

ok will do  O0 It makes the end of your walk miserable eh!

It was making from about an hour into the walk, until the end, miserable!  ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy