Author Topic: Paramo clothing review - is it waterproof enough?  (Read 10389 times)

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
Re: Paramo clothing review - is it waterproof enough?
« Reply #15 on: 10:42:14, 04/02/21 »
Hi there, how do you find the Fuera smock.
Ive got my eyes on one, and for £75 is seems fair money, for a quality bit of kit, but it would be nice to have the opinion from someone who owns one.

I know its not the slightest bit waterproof, just showerproof, but is it a thumbs up or down, before i blow the cash.

Just to chime in.

I want to like Paramo kit but they've suffered in the past on their design.  My Fuera has an atrocious cut (boxy, tight on the shoulders and loads of room at the waist).  I still have it and it's relegated to 2nd windproof duty.  I also have a Fuera Ascent which is much better, like the underarm zips on a windproof.

Some positives:  British made, cool fashion designs, good warranty
Downsides: some of the older garment cut looked like they got the work experience kid to design it.  Check the hood before you buy.

The new Velez Hybrid Evo looks very swish mind you and if I was needing a new jacket I'd be tempted.

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 11:34:28, 04/02/21 »
@ forgotmyoldpassword

Paramo is a British based company but I'm pretty sure you'll find that Paramo clothing is not British made at all. To the best of my knowledge 80% of all Paramo gear is made in Bogotá, Colombia with the rest being made in Vietnam and the Far East.

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 16:49:08, 04/02/21 »
I would be very surprised if any of the top kit, from all the respected manufacturers, is made here in the UK.

The only clothing, that i know is totally manufactured here in the Uk, is from Hilltrek, in Arboyne in Scotland.

They manufacture most of their clothing from Cotton Ventile, and i visited their premises a few years back, and you can see the manufacturing process for yourself.

Their clothing is very pricey, mostly because of the use of Ventile, and that its made here in the Uk.

Production costs here in the Uk, are incredibly high, which is mainly the reason for clothing being manufactured in the Far East.

Eyelet

« Reply #18 on: 01:13:46, 05/02/21 »
I would be very surprised if any of the top kit, from all the respected manufacturers, is made here in the UK.

PHD the well-respected manufacturer of top end down gear, also designs and makes all its products here in the UK. Certainly not cheap but they make some of the lightest down products on the planet using 1000 fill-power down. Chris Townsend regularly raves about the quality of PHD products in TGO magazine.

Z3man

« Reply #19 on: 17:42:56, 05/02/21 »
I think Buffalo is another one, read they make all their gear in Sheffield.

windyrigg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 09:12:35, 06/02/21 »
Yes Buffalo certainly used to make it all at their place at Meersbrook, Sheffield. I went once to pick up a sleeping bag and was very impressed (and the bag remains my favourite). 

archaeoroutes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 09:32:43, 07/02/21 »
I think Buffalo is another one, read they make all their gear in Sheffield.
The Pertex fabric used by Buffalo and Montane and Rab was made in Perseverance Mills in Derbyshire, but since 2005 has been made in Japan.
Walking routes visiting ancient sites in Britain's uplands: http://www.archaeoroutes.co.uk

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy