Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1739 times)

Big G

« on: 15:09:34, 30/03/20 »
Hi folks,
Just joined after looking up 'walking forum's. Thought that if I can't get out there and do it, I can at least read about it! Having recently retired I bought a small second hand day van to use as a base for my hill walking forays. What a disappointment then, that this awful pandemic has appeared on the scene and necessitated an imposed exile from the hills! To combat any loss of condition I've taken to doing 'hill repeats' in my local park.  I chuck on my hill bag, filled with the usual kit for a day's walk and then run up/walk down the gentle slope in the park opposite my home. Good exercise whilst adhering to the Covid guidelines. How's everybody else coping?

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: 15:12:37, 30/03/20 »
Not well enough, I'm already bored and my wife keeps giving me little jobs to do to 'keep me out of mischief!'

Big G

« Reply #2 on: 15:15:47, 30/03/20 »
Ah yes....my good lady is still working, so any 'little jobs are of my choosing.  ;)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 15:51:58, 30/03/20 »
Welcome from Devon.  I find postimage repeatedly locking up so you have to reboot and start again, when you are trying to write a post with a lot of pictures in it, fills the day.  :-\
Solvitur Ambulando

AB_Shrewhiker9

« Reply #4 on: 16:28:15, 30/03/20 »
Afternoon Big G,

New to the forum myself today so "Welcome" i suppose.

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 16:38:26, 30/03/20 »
Welcome from Manchester  O0
Whereabouts are you?.

Big G

« Reply #6 on: 17:41:54, 30/03/20 »
Afternoon Big G,

New to the forum myself today so "Welcome" i suppose.
Cheers mate...strange/interesting time to join this site.

Big G

« Reply #7 on: 17:49:36, 30/03/20 »
Welcome from Manchester  O0
Whereabouts are you?.

Hey! I'm in Bristol. No hills here. Regular forays into the Brecon Beacons and Dartmoor on the doorstep (kind of) !

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 17:58:10, 30/03/20 »
Welcome from Aberdeenshire. We have plenty of hills here, but all are a bit too far to walk to from the front door.

Big G

« Reply #9 on: 19:21:55, 30/03/20 »
Welcome from Aberdeenshire. We have plenty of hills here, but all are a bit too far to walk to from the front door.
Had a trip planned to Torridon in May... Liathach & Slioch...sadly, no more. Postponed til whenever the sun rises again!

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 19:35:11, 30/03/20 »
Hi B.G & welcome from the Peak District O0
I’m currently coping fine, thanks for asking!
Lots of options walking wise for me from my doorstep & I’m actually starting to appreciate my local area a lot more than I did. 8)

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Big G

« Reply #11 on: 19:47:15, 30/03/20 »
Hi B.G & welcome from the Peak District O0
I’m currently coping fine, thanks for asking!
Lots of options walking wise for me from my doorstep & I’m actually starting to appreciate my local area a lot more than I did. 8)

Tracey :)

Hi Tracey, Lovely you can walk from your front door. Shame so many folk are ignoring the guidelines and driving miles to walk. I'm originally from Cheshire and sometimes wish I'd stayed there, but fate held a different path. Hey ho... walks abound....miles dissolve beneath my wheels and paradise awaits in the mountains....looking forwards to life after 'the virus'  :D

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 22:07:35, 30/03/20 »
Had a trip planned to Torridon in May... Liathach & Slioch...sadly, no more. Postponed til whenever the sun rises again!
We had been hoping to get across to the Torridon, as we haven’t managed to get across in the last 2 years. Before that we were across once or twice a year for 7 years or so. We normally stay in Shieldaig.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 09:07:14, 31/03/20 »
Welcome from a hop and a skip down the M5 in Exeter.

Dartmoor and the SWCP might as well be on the moon at the moment but it will pass :)
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 12:17:05, 31/03/20 »
Welcome to the forum from South Cumbria.

Coping pretty well up here, as I have some delightful country right on my doorstep.

Take a peek - http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=40060.0
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy