Author Topic: Contrasting walks  (Read 2167 times)

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
Contrasting walks
« on: 17:47:17, 11/02/21 »
Yesterday walked through town to take some scenic photos from Observatory Hill, nearly everyone I saw was a  student!... apart from a friend, who is the most unlikely looking millionaire you'll ever meet!

Expected Hill to be quiet, like this...

But it was full of students hanging out and sledging...

Today went in the opposite direction, eastwards...

Found where the birds are hanging out...

Plenty of snow hiding the clarts...

Over the bridge into what is normally 'the reet boggy field'..

This might of been the original bridge...

Snowy Mole Heaps..

Through tunnel under motorway..

It was lovely in the sunshine but getting a wee bit chilly in the shade.
Met a very informative lady walker, great time to walk along the old Leamside Railway line, (it is in the news as they are attempting to reopen it), then met a guy from Mexico who was full of interesting tales.... Durham University has the most Mexican Government sponsored students in this country!
These fields, next to motorway are marked out for loads of new houses..

The quiet side of town! So lucky to live here with so many lovely walks.

Sorry maybe should be in 'Walks', although mostly Photographs.

« Last Edit: 17:53:52, 11/02/21 by Dodgylegs »

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: Contrasting walks
« Reply #1 on: 18:02:53, 11/02/21 »
Well I enjoyed looking at all those lovely snowy pics, wherever they've been posted  :)

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 19:11:52, 11/02/21 »
Agree with Mel..really like the corrugated lined tunnel shot. !  O0
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:58:20, 11/02/21 »
Lovely photos, I think most people look in most of the sections.

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 14:01:44, 12/02/21 »
Thanks for viewing  O0

A guy on a bike flew passed me as I walked down a hill, cycling but not peddling... same day received a message from SWYTCH about e-bike conversion kit! umm makes you wonder how these things happen!   :o
Is it a sign? Could be worth thinking about with my dodgy legs! :D

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 14:08:31, 12/02/21 »
Thanks for viewing  O0

A guy on a bike flew passed me as I walked down a hill, cycling but not peddling... same day received a message from SWYTCH about e-bike conversion kit! umm makes you wonder how these things happen!   :o
Is it a sign? Could be worth thinking about with my dodgy legs! :D

;D There`s all sorts of E contraptions flying along now isn`t there .. ???

I had an E bike, a few years back but I wasn`t very confident with the quality of the Chinese made components and shooting along at 20 mph didn`t instill me with a great feeling of safety .

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 14:40:10, 12/02/21 »
;D There`s all sorts of E contraptions flying along now isn`t there .. ???

I had an E bike, a few years back but I wasn`t very confident with the quality of the Chinese made components and shooting along at 20 mph didn`t instill me with a great feeling of safety .

Attempted to cycle again about ten years ago, but didn't enjoy all the hills around here (totally unfit!) or the close attention of traffic! I'm with you about the speed of e-bikes and their safety, I'll stick to slow walking for now, GinandPlatonic.

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 15:55:35, 12/02/21 »
I cycled during the first lock down and really enjoyed it as the roads were so quiet , but personally I think cycling is tad dangerous with some of the myopic drivers around . I love to get out with my daughter but fear for her safety . :-\
At the same time I think some of the well made e bikes are great and when you get to a certain age are wonderful in the way they assist anyone with dodgy knees etc .. O0

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 17:39:01, 12/02/21 »
Like everything these days, research always seems required when buying something, just checked and SWYTCH is manufactured in China. E-Bikes are a good idea but sharing roads with, as you say myopic drivers, isn't appealing! There have been reports in local papers of both motorcyclists and occupants of cars pushing cyclists off! I can recall a guy I used to work with, chairman of local cycling club, was reported as knocking a cyclist off his bike when out in works van! He had no idea, as he hadn't seem them!  :-[
Had a wee walk out using Sealskin waterproof socks, the biggest socks I've ever seen!
Saw a couple of birds hoping about a roadside bush.. Redwings my bird book says.
« Last Edit: 23:04:02, 12/02/21 by Dodgylegs »

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 11:38:13, 24/03/21 »
Oops!

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 11:54:17, 24/03/21 »
During the past couple of weeks, e-scooter stands (with e-scooters for hire) are popping up in our city. We were all children once and it would appear that 'the child' is still dominant in the users, we seem to be experiencing swarms of adults now 'having a go.' Some are also riding 'share a scooter two-ups,' one person standing behind another, I've no idea who has to work the brake?

Cars, just get out of the way, the future has arrived!!!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy