Author Topic: Severn bridges walk and Sand Point  (Read 3720 times)

clyoung

• Veteran Member
Severn bridges walk and Sand Point
« on: 22:11:26, 27/12/20 »
I'm a bit behind with my blog despite there not being much to blog. In October I did a couple of walks, this one between the two Severn Bridges:

http://claire-walking-blog.blogspot.com/2020/10/october-2020-severn-bridges.html

and this one at Sand Point, north of Weston-super-Mare:

http://claire-walking-blog.blogspot.com/2020/12/october-2020-sand-point.html

Even the latter is out of bounds for me now we're supposed to be staying very local but they might be of interest to someone in those areas. Today I did a 10.5km/6.5 mile walk from my front door, I'm lucky to be surrounded by countryside but I would like to travel further for a little variety.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
Re: Severn bridges walk and Sand Point
« Reply #1 on: 10:11:47, 28/12/20 »
Lovely pictures there, and a varied coastline.  Last time I crossed the Severn the cloud was so low I couldn't see the top of the bridge! O0

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 10:24:41, 28/12/20 »
I enjoyed your atmospheric pictures, you are clearly a little bit of an accomplished photographer, above the average snapper.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 11:32:07, 28/12/20 »
I enjoyed your atmospheric pictures, you are clearly a little bit of an accomplished photographer, above the average snapper.
I agree about the photography. It is good to see well composed, in focus shots with good use of the light and level horizons.

The following might have been good listening for your first walk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hufU6MIS2vw

clyoung

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 11:52:10, 28/12/20 »
Thanks all for your kind words about my photography and  ;D at the song suggestion.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 21:52:27, 28/12/20 »
Nice pics Claire  :)

That Eagles song brings back some memories for me.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 09:50:39, 29/12/20 »
Super pics. An area that I must have passed by without a thought hundreds of times speeding up the M5 and back down to Devon.
Another little niche waiting to be explored  :)
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

clyoung

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 21:08:33, 29/12/20 »
Thanks both. Yes, if there's been one walking silver lining this year it's been discovering the hidden gems nearer to home. Can't believe I've lived north of Bristol for more than 20 years and despite going to Weston-super-Mare or even Sand Bay loads of times had never walked on Sand Point before.

I still want to get back to the hills though.

Lee R

« Reply #8 on: 17:17:39, 17/01/21 »
Nice blogs Claire.

I've not been to any of those places for years!

I tend to prefer Clevedon, Black Nore in Portishead is nice & quiet/relaxing or the Mendips.

clyoung

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 17:48:52, 17/01/21 »
Nice blogs Claire.

I've not been to any of those places for years!

I tend to prefer Clevedon, Black Nore in Portishead is nice & quiet/relaxing or the Mendips.
I walked from Clevedon to Portishead, stopping off at Black Nore lighthouse, a few years ago. Lovely walk. Haven't really done any walking in the Mendips, we live north of Bristol and if I'm going to drive further than Weston-super-Mare I tend to head to the Brecon Beacons National Park. Before the second lockdown, when Wales was locked down and we weren't, I did start looking online at walks in the Mendips and Quantocks, but then things took a turn for the worse here too so I haven't been able to try any of them out.

Lee R

« Reply #10 on: 18:05:11, 17/01/21 »
I walked from Clevedon to Portishead, stopping off at Black Nore lighthouse, a few years ago. Lovely walk. Haven't really done any walking in the Mendips, we live north of Bristol and if I'm going to drive further than Weston-super-Mare I tend to head to the Brecon Beacons National Park. Before the second lockdown, when Wales was locked down and we weren't, I did start looking online at walks in the Mendips and Quantocks, but then things took a turn for the worse here too so I haven't been able to try any of them out.

Yeah, I get that. we are south Bristol so the Mendips to us (half hour drive) is probably the closer parts of the Cotswolds to you. Quantocks is at least an hour from here. And if picking Dartmoor, then for the same time/mileage I can be in the Brecons.

The past few years we've spent early March on the Brecon's for my birthday. Fingers crossed........

clyoung

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 18:30:43, 17/01/21 »

Yeah, I get that. we are south Bristol so the Mendips to us (half hour drive) is probably the closer parts of the Cotswolds to you. Quantocks is at least an hour from here. And if picking Dartmoor, then for the same time/mileage I can be in the Brecons.

The past few years we've spent early March on the Brecon's for my birthday. Fingers crossed........
Fingers crossed here too - my birthday is mid-March and would love to be able to return to Wales to celebrate.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 07:49:01, 25/01/21 »
Some excellent photos there, Claire. That Scabious is lovely, and the monochrome photo of the rays of sun coming through the clouds is very striking.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy