Author Topic: Craghoppers Salado Mid Boot  (Read 1518 times)

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
Craghoppers Salado Mid Boot
« on: 15:28:40, 15/01/21 »
Received an email from Craghoppers about January sale, wasn't aware they sold these walking boots...

Any feedback on them?

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
Re: Craghoppers Salado Mid Boot
« Reply #1 on: 16:44:21, 15/01/21 »
If their boots are as good a quality as their insulated jackets and fleeces, then their Salado Boot is worth checking out.

There comes a time when paying top money for a warm padded jacket just because it has the name RAB or Mountain Equipment printed on it, makes little sense.

Maybe different when buying boots, but if truth was told, Craghoppers boots are manufactured by one of the top companies, just with a different branding on the boot.

Granted, RAB make some high quality clothing, but you have to pay dearly for it.

Just recently i bought a Fjallraven Greenland jacket, for just over £80, off a stock clearance company on ebay.
It arrived just as advertised, still with its hang tags, with the dizzy sticker price of £245 still attached.

Heaven forbid, the thing is just a glorified windproof jacket, not the slightest bit waterproof or shower proof.

I recon the £84 i paid for it, was in truth all its worth.

Your paying the name and a nice little artic fox emblem on the sleeve.

Nothing wrong with Craghoppers, they make very good quality walking clothing at a sensible price, and their sale currently on is excellent.

If you want an extra 10% off anything the code EXTRA10JAN will work a treat.

wbmkk

« Reply #2 on: 17:10:04, 15/01/21 »
Although I've never had Craghoppers boots, I've worn various items from Craghoppers for years and have always been pleased with them.

I got a 3 in 1 coat several years ago and it is still 100% waterproof

Sometimes though their gear is cheaper on 'third party' websites so worth taking a look

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 17:54:11, 15/01/21 »
I''ve not seen the Craghoppers Salado Mid but I think you'll find they're probably cheaply made Chinese imports and personally I would avoid suede boots unless you're only planning to walk in dry weather conditions with no chance of rain or in desert conditions.  ;)

Like most boots at the budget end of the market their suggested RRP is totally unrealistic and quite frankly a joke.

Your earlier plan of almost a year ago (below) was a better and much more sensible plan but now delayed by Covid-19 but your piggy bank must be busting a gut by now?  ;D ;D ;D

Looks like I need separate boots to cope with very wet ground .... I was so pleased with Merrells I have another new pair given as Christmas present... so after previous advice looks like I'll have to make my way to Whalley, once I've saved up!

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:27:10, 15/01/21 »
I''ve not seen the Craghoppers Salado Mid but I think you'll find they're probably cheaply made Chinese imports and personally I would avoid suede boots unless you're only planning to walk in dry weather conditions with no chance of rain or in desert conditions.  ;)

Like most boots at the budget end of the market their suggested RRP is totally unrealistic and quite frankly a joke.

Your earlier plan of almost a year ago (below) was a better and much more sensible plan but now delayed by Covid-19 but your piggy bank must be busting a gut by now?  ;D ;D ;D

My circumstances have changed a lot since that post kinkyboots, not for the better either financially or health wise.
Still happy with current boots, back walking up in the Cheviots may not now be an option, but you never know.
Have loads of Craghoppers gear.. we have one of their discounted stores nearby! ... just wondered, that's all...

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 19:36:58, 15/01/21 »
I'm sorry to hear that.

Like most people I have found their trousers to be excellent value fpr money but I am more than a little dubious about the quality of their boots. No harm in going to lhave a closer ook if and when Covid-19 conditions allow.

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 19:44:53, 15/01/21 »
Put Craghoppers Salado Mid Boot Review into search engine...

Big surprise when this post came up!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy