Author Topic: Parking - Ashford in the Water  (Read 2358 times)

Dazza

• Veteran Member
Parking - Ashford in the Water
« on: 15:54:32, 10/05/20 »
Even though we can't venture out for a while yet I am enjoying planning a few walks for when we can.

One place I'd like to revisit is Ashford in the Water and then onto Magpie Mine. It been a long while since my last visit but I seem to recall the only car park was full as it isn't very large, so we ended up parking some distance off as street parking is also limited (and a bit anti social given it's a small place).

Are there any pub car parks that are available, even for a fee from 9am (we'll be customers but not until later on in the day)?

Cheers
Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

snaderson

Re: Parking - Ashford in the Water
« Reply #1 on: 07:33:13, 12/05/20 »
I don't recall having a problem parking in the wee car park, but I do tend to start my walks fairly early. There is some parking on the little bridge east of the village, by the cricket pitch. The Ashford Arms does a cracking Sunday lunch (the Yorkshire puddings are a sight to behold). Maybe give them a call?

Dazza

• Veteran Member
Re: Parking - Ashford in the Water
« Reply #2 on: 19:26:13, 12/05/20 »
I don't recall having a problem parking in the wee car park, but I do tend to start my walks fairly early. There is some parking on the little bridge east of the village, by the cricket pitch. The Ashford Arms does a cracking Sunday lunch (the Yorkshire puddings are a sight to behold). Maybe give them a call?
Thanks for that, when everything is back to normal in a few months I'll probably give them a call.
Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy