Author Topic: Kinder post lockdown  (Read 2505 times)

ianj37

Kinder post lockdown
« on: 19:11:26, 11/07/20 »
Hello
I was just wondering if anyone had been to Edale/Kinder post lockdown and if so how crowded is it getting? I have no idea really whether to expect normal numbers for the time of year or something like the Kinder Trespass!
Thanks
Ian

Hillhiker1

• Veteran Member
Re: Kinder post lockdown
« Reply #1 on: 21:57:53, 11/07/20 »
I was in the Crowden / Woolpacks / Kinder low area last week. I'd say it was busier than usual, but not excessively so.

It was interesting to note haw many folks were navigating by phone though.. Also many of the younger ones were literally 'Dressed for the gym' and had no additional clothing or provisions with them at all. Although one young lady was wearing some lovely white 'Converse' shoes and carrying a natty little DKNY shoulder bag..

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 07:53:43, 12/07/20 »
I was in the Crowden / Woolpacks / Kinder low area last week. I'd say it was busier than usual, but not excessively so.

It was interesting to note haw many folks were navigating by phone though.. Also many of the younger ones were literally 'Dressed for the gym' and had no additional clothing or provisions with them at all. Although one young lady was wearing some lovely white 'Converse' shoes and carrying a natty little DKNY shoulder bag..

Those shoes will look lovely I'm sure with a good coating of Kinder Scout peat!  ;D
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 10:46:03, 12/07/20 »

Those shoes will look lovely I'm sure with a good coating of Kinder Scout peat!  ;D
Maybe she is trying to add platform heels. I remember ascending Bleaklow across peat bogs. At every step my boot was sucked into the mire. Upon extraction of the boot, I had acquired several inches of thick oozing peat attached to the sole. This made for very heavy boots and very tiring walking.

ianj37

« Reply #4 on: 14:54:25, 15/07/20 »
Thanks for the information. I think I'll give it a go next week.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy