Author Topic: A Bleaklow and Westend Circuit  (Read 1545 times)

harry_keogh

A Bleaklow and Westend Circuit
« on: 21:29:48, 11/08/20 »
This was a long walk, partly designed to incorporate my first ever wild camp, and also to visit Near and Far Black Cloughs as I'd never been up them before. All together, the route was around 20 miles which, in hindsight, was a little over ambitious considering the blistering heat and me having to carry my camping gear around the whole route. Those last few miles were hell!

At the end of the day though, it was all made worth it by the fact I had the Bearded Vulture circling above me whilst walking along Bleaklows north edge. It really is an amazing bird - and bloody enormous too!

Full trip report: Bleaklow and Westend Circuit

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Re: A Bleaklow and Westend Circuit
« Reply #1 on: 16:02:16, 12/08/20 »
Enjoyed reading your account, Harry - you nearly losing the tent made me smile as I too nearly lost a tent whilst wild camping in Torridon many years ago.

Particularly like the photos of the Barrow Stones, the heather and the waterfalls.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

harry_keogh

« Reply #2 on: 13:40:00, 22/09/20 »
Enjoyed reading your account, Harry - you nearly losing the tent made me smile as I too nearly lost a tent whilst wild camping in Torridon many years ago.

Particularly like the photos of the Barrow Stones, the heather and the waterfalls.
Thanks! I've not actually managed to wildcamp again since this walk despite my good intentions. I'll have to do it again soon

BlueKnight

« Reply #3 on: 21:15:49, 02/04/21 »
Amazing views.

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 21:26:07, 02/04/21 »
Beautiful scenery Harry... losing the tent was actually quite funny to the reader!

Seeing the Bearded Vulture sounds incredible!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy