Author Topic: [TR] Mam Tor to Lose Hill then drop into Castleton Circular  (Read 1952 times)

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
Great stuff - it's quite a while since I walked in that area - and even longer since we took our then small kids into Speedwell Caverns.  And a pint of Batemans at the end - perfect day!

vghikers

• Veteran Member
Lovely clear pics of a fine walk and surprising to see significant snow there. It's been many years since our last traverse.  O0

I see the stone slab brigade have been busy laying the pedestrian equivalent of the M6 along the ridge, it always was extremely busy.The deep Blue John cavern is well worth a visit if you get chance.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
Very good photos     :)     

It's a while since I went to Castleton and walked on the Great Ridge and through the Winnats Pass.   Love the area.  Thanks for posting     :)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Some nice photos there. I particularly like the way that the snow has melted off one side of the ridge, but has stayed on the shady side.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Lee in Doncaster

• Veteran Member
Lovely pics...I'm missing the Peak District so much.
Walking every week in the Peak District...or somewhere else   http://peakwalking.blogspot.com

Mel

• Veteran Member
Yep, I found day 1!  Great pics - the bit of snow adds to the interest of the photos, I think.

The Mam Tor circuit is on my to do list so thanks for posting. 

PS. Glad to see you found the plug holes - again, impressive after big rain like the dam wall.

BrionyB

I see the stone slab brigade have been busy laying the pedestrian equivalent of the M6 along the ridge, it always was extremely busy.

I was up there once on an August bank holiday weekend, and I think the M6 would have been more peaceful for a stroll...  ;D  Looks nice and quiet here though.

Peak

Some very nice pics of one of my favourite areas of the Peaks, thanks for posting.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy