Author Topic: Seascapes  (Read 2547 times)

Yorci

Seascapes
« on: 02:22:26, 17/07/21 »
From a little walk out along Spurn beach, one of my favour spots in East Yorkshire

High tower lighthouse

Low tower lighthouse

The lifeboat

Some groynes

More groynes

and some more with a wind farm in the distance

An empty beach

Still looking the the elusive seals, my mate saw one the other day, but I haven't been lucky yet
Leave only footprints, take only memories and photographs.
Life is short, time is fast, no re-play or rewind, enjoy every moment and make it count.

pleb

• Veteran Member
Re: Seascapes
« Reply #1 on: 20:09:22, 17/07/21 »
Looks very peaceful.
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:33:07, 21/07/21 »
Now there's a familiar sight  :)   Not been to Spurn for a long while now (tide times and work and all that).  Does Spurn Head still get cut off at high tide or has it rebuilt itself with the literally shifting sands?

The black and white lighthouse appears to have had a fresh coat of paint since I last saw it.

I did my first and only "coast to coast" here  :D   ;)   ::)  .... took me...oooff, 10 minutes  ;D

It's not often I see local walks posted on here so thanks for posting  O0

Yorci

« Reply #3 on: 13:33:06, 27/07/21 »
Does Spurn Head still get cut off at high tide or has it rebuilt itself with the literally shifting sands?
I can't say that I've seen the tide high enough to cut the head off, but I usually go either 2 hours after high tide or during low tide.
Leave only footprints, take only memories and photographs.
Life is short, time is fast, no re-play or rewind, enjoy every moment and make it count.

RoMeR

« Reply #4 on: 07:58:16, 30/07/21 »
Not been to Spurn for a few years now, but as a birder I used to visit on a regular basis. The autumn passage turned up many rare birds, a very special place and one that everyone should visit at least once.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy