Author Topic: Where are folks walking this weekend?  (Read 576596 times)

Rivingtonboots

Re: Where are folks walking this weekend?
« Reply #3240 on: 11:26:50, 04/01/21 »
 Rivington Pike which is only 2 miles from my house is too busy at the moment with visitors from Manchester, Liverpool and other areas.
Good job they only seem to know one or two routes otherwise there'd be nowhere to walk. >:(

Lee R

« Reply #3241 on: 17:13:20, 17/01/21 »
I luckily got several Mendip Hill walks in just before new year. I done 3 sunrises out of 4!!

Lately has just been local urban street walks but this morning went to a local country estate place. We did start walking before sunrise but it was getting pretty busy by the time we finished & walked out of the gates!

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3242 on: 19:33:04, 17/01/21 »
Weekends are getting a bit busy around here, everyone seems to be discovering all our lovely walks, so I've started going out later when it's dark and quiet. Enjoying my 'out the front door exercises' around parts of town I've never been to.
Tonight ended up in one of those areas once popular with footballers, not sure if it still is but plenty of expensive cars lying about! Came back along a street I've never been along for years, came out in a graveyard... good job I took a torch!
Lovely still, quiet and not too cold night, enjoyed.

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3243 on: 17:40:24, 18/01/21 »

Trying to stick mostly to local walks from the door, but with all the recent rain and melting snow, the paths around here (mostly across or edge of fields) are just a mudfest. We managed to devise a 5.25 mile route on mostly quiet lanes around Bealings (Suffolk), just as well or we would have been sharing this path with a couple of swans!

share images

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3244 on: 17:45:49, 23/01/21 »
Winter wonderland - opened the curtains to a fresh fall of snow this morning. Magical walk up Hampsfell in the mist, which cleared leaving ethereal views of distant snow covered mountains.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

windyrigg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3245 on: 09:18:51, 24/01/21 »
Coastal walk up the length of Druridge Bay in Northumberland. Hard frost overnight with frost all over the beach and the tickles of fresh water frozen down to the sea. Great when the sun came out with all the Pinkfoot geese calling overhead.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3246 on: 10:04:23, 24/01/21 »
........................... the tickles of fresh water frozen down to the sea. Great when the sun came out with all the Pinkfoot geese calling overhead.

Lovely evocative writing O0
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3247 on: 21:35:08, 20/02/21 »
Had my Covid Jab today.  The even better news, the station where I had to drive to is at Pensilva, on Bodmin Moor.  So never one to pass up an opportunity I took in a Ten mile walk around the South moor, whilst I was there.  Shame the appointment was in the afternoon.  I could have happily done another Ten.  So good to get out of town for a decent walk.  Hardly noticed the driving rain and 40mph wind.  It was just soo good to be up there again. O0

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3248 on: 22:38:13, 20/02/21 »
Coastal walk up the length of Druridge Bay in Northumberland. Hard frost overnight with frost all over the beach and the tickles of fresh water frozen down to the sea. Great when the sun came out with all the Pinkfoot geese calling overhead.

Last time I walked along Druridge Bay, November 2019 after trip up to Woodhorn Museum. The clouds had finally ran out of rain! it looked like this...

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3249 on: 17:30:09, 21/02/21 »
On today's Mudbath Avoidance Walk I spotted this new addition to the side of the pub:

:)

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3250 on: 09:38:38, 11/04/21 »
Fabulous walk from Rosthwaite yesterday, up Eagle Crag and Sergeant's Crag and then up to High Raise, before descending to Langstrath and back to Rosthwaite via Stonethwaite.  Accompanies by the nimble photonut of this parish, who was very patient as my lungs are still adjusting to being asked to climb hills!  I'll put a few piccies up when I get a chance.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3251 on: 13:29:41, 11/04/21 »
Ashclyst Forest.  A forest owned by the NT between Exeter and Cullompton.  Disappointing - the majority of the paths had been trashed by donkey wallopers!  >:(

And the OS map of it is nearly useless!
Solvitur Ambulando

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3252 on: 18:07:12, 11/04/21 »
Fabulous walk from Rosthwaite yesterday, up Eagle Crag and Sergeant's Crag and then up to High Raise, before descending to Langstrath and back to Rosthwaite via Stonethwaite.  Accompanies by the nimble photonut of this parish, who was very patient as my lungs are still adjusting to being asked to climb hills!  I'll put a few piccies up when I get a chance.

Nice.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

thomasdevon

« Reply #3253 on: 18:19:40, 11/04/21 »
Ashclyst Forest.  A forest owned by the NT between Exeter and Cullompton.  Disappointing - the majority of the paths had been trashed by donkey wallopers!  >:(

And the OS map of it is nearly useless!

I know Ashclyst well as I used to use it almost daily for a couple of years for nordic walking. Maybe we crossed paths and said hello??
Not been up there about 4 months now though....

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3254 on: 19:05:10, 11/04/21 »

I know Ashclyst well as I used to use it almost daily for a couple of years for nordic walking. Maybe we crossed paths and said hello??
Not been up there about 4 months now though....
First time I got round to it today.  Not sure I will go again unless the glue factories go on to overtime.  I have never seen an area with so many paths damaged by horse riders.  The daft thing is most of the paths were wide enough to ride on one side and for walkers to use the other but no, the entire width was churned.  In worse weather they would have been impassable.  Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike horses but I prefer  them with chips.
Solvitur Ambulando

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy