Author Topic: Skiddaw  (Read 1334 times)

ukmase

• Veteran Member
Skiddaw
« on: 13:14:48, 12/05/08 »
 bit of a last minute job this trip. Got bored on the way home from London and next thing i know i have managed to arrange a weekend trip to the lakes.

We stayed @ Scotgate Holiday Park near Keswick. Bit of a crowded caravan type park, great facilities though but i like seclusion. Anyway Thomas made loads of freinds so Bonus !!

The walk i done was featured in this months trail magazine and included 5 Wainwrights.

Ullock Pike, Long Side, Carl Side, Skiddaw and Bakestall. It took me bang on 4 hours and i can say i was absolutely shattered at one point. The few beers the previous night and hot weather really took its toll. The walk is really good, great views and as Graham Thompson says in Trail magazine, this approach of Skiddaw is a great walk.

Pics are on my blog http://ukmase.wordpress.com/

Ian s

• Veteran Member
Re: Skiddaw
« Reply #1 on: 13:28:27, 12/05/08 »
There's nothing like a bit of a spur of the moment expedition.
Top marks!

Ian
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk - Guided walking, scrambling and mountain skills throughout Scotland and further afield

garyr

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 17:46:19, 12/05/08 »
Doing Skiddaw via the  Ullock Pike Ridge is one of the best in my opinion, its a cracking route!  ;D
Gary ...

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 01:25:15, 31/05/08 »
5 more wainwrights..,well done ukm.... O0
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 22:53:34, 31/05/08 »
.... moving up the league tables on the hillbagging site..... not forgetting the Nuttalls, Hewitts and Birketts - and one Marilyn and a Munro (furth of Scotland) - you had a real ticking bonanza with this walk.   Nice to see the sproglet is enjoying these trips too...
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy