Author Topic: Where are folks walking this weekend?  (Read 573151 times)

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are folks walking this weekend?
« Reply #3180 on: 20:17:08, 18/10/20 »
Tier 3 walk on the Sefton coast path. Bit flat in comparison to my normal walks.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3181 on: 21:52:10, 18/10/20 »
Tier 3 walk on the Sefton coast path. Bit flat in comparison to my normal walks.

Dare I ask where the Sefton coast path starts and finishes. I'm guessing I may have walked most, if not all of it.  But have never heard of it.   :o

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3182 on: 21:56:23, 18/10/20 »
Treyarnon bay to Newquay for me this afternoon in the most glorious sunshine.  12 miles in 3 hours dead.
Poor dog hasnt got off his bed since, needs to up his game  O0

That is mighty quick. I'm assuming you jogged.  O0

Or the dog towed you.  ;)

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3183 on: 22:39:46, 18/10/20 »

Dare I ask where the Sefton coast path starts and finishes. I'm guessing I may have walked most, if not all of it.  But have never heard of it.   :o

It starts in Waterloo, North Liverpool and ends in Crossens, just north of Southport.   I walked Crosby to Freshfield and back today, as not allowed on public transport.

cornwallcoastpathdweller

« Reply #3184 on: 05:55:29, 19/10/20 »

That is mighty quick. I'm assuming you jogged.  O0

Or the dog towed you.  ;)

Was on a bit of a mission to keep away from everybody, the most people ive seen on the path ever.

Still have to sort out our little jaunt, been so hectic the last couple of months just havent been able.

one step then another then another then a bench - please?

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3185 on: 09:42:02, 19/10/20 »

It starts in Waterloo, North Liverpool and ends in Crossens, just north of Southport.   I walked Crosby to Freshfield and back today, as not allowed on public transport.

Thanks, though I have lived in Cornwall nearly 30 years. I was born in Exeter road Bootle. Started school in Waterloo by the five lamps. Finished School in Crosby Manor Road and buried my mum in Southport, just last year.  So as you can imagine. I know the area reasonably well.  I have certainly walked all of the coast at some time or other.  Altcar camp used to get in the way at hightown as I recall.  Intrigued that there is an official path.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3186 on: 09:53:06, 19/10/20 »

Was on a bit of a mission to keep away from everybody, the most people ive seen on the path ever.

Still have to sort out our little jaunt, been so hectic the last couple of months just havent been able.

Yes do that. 

Another fun weekend out doors here.  I headed up Brown Willy again Friday evening, just for a quick jog.  Then Sheeps tor for some rock climbing Saturday and finally a stroll with MrsG and our daughter, around Arch tor, Postbridge and Bellever tor on Dartmoor. Back at my desk for a well earned rest today.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3187 on: 10:53:27, 19/10/20 »

Thanks, though I have lived in Cornwall nearly 30 years. I was born in Exeter road Bootle. Started school in Waterloo by the five lamps. Finished School in Crosby Manor Road and buried my mum in Southport, just last year.  So as you can imagine. I know the area reasonably well.  I have certainly walked all of the coast at some time or other.  Altcar camp used to get in the way at hightown as I recall.  Intrigued that there is an official path.

Gosh - small world.  I went to St Mary's in Crosby in the 1970s, and Manor hated us - I can remember cross country runs past Manor High and having stuff chucked at us  ;D .   You probably know this, but Exeter St has been massively redeveloped in recent years - I was at Hugh Baird (Bootle Tech) in 1982 and couldn't believe the difference when I went back when my daughter was there a couple of years ago.

The Sefton Coast path was, I think, a local council invention but now appears on OS maps.  There is still a problem at Altcar, but there is a tarmac shared use path which is squeezed between the camp and the railway - really depressing walking with razor wire on one side and the rail embankment and fencing on the other for a mile and a bit.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3188 on: 12:25:22, 19/10/20 »
Ah St Mary's. It wasn't me throwing stuff, honest.  ;)  I've not been back to Exeter road since the demolished the house.  MrsG used to work for the DSS in St Martins house, next door to the Tech College and I did a fitting and turning course there in 1980.  I gather the Jutland pup is still there under another name. I still have a number of good friends who live in Crosby. O0

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3189 on: 13:00:51, 19/10/20 »
The Jutland is now the Cat and Fiddle - haven't been in there since Soft Cell were no 1 with Tainted Love!

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3190 on: 17:04:41, 19/10/20 »
I'm afraid I have switched to Lady Gaga.  ;D

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3191 on: 21:11:23, 24/10/20 »
Had a pleasant family walk from Sandridge in Hertfordshire today including lunch in the John Bunyan in Coleman Green.
Just make it back to the car before it started to rain.

watershed

« Reply #3192 on: 15:34:50, 25/10/20 »
Walked to Uyea this morning to see if the grey seal pups have arrived.

they have, I saw more than a dozen.

Some big offshore surf

Dis perrie wan is bran new

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3193 on: 17:06:14, 25/10/20 »
Lovely shots, pups look so vulnerable.

Continue to follow your walks, on maps around Shetland... was there a boat involved?

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3194 on: 17:07:14, 25/10/20 »
Great to see the pups. I heard that grey seals are rarer than African elephants and that more than one third of the global population lives in the UK. We have a lot on the north east coast of Scotland with a mix of grey and harbour seals numbering about 1,000 at the mouth of the Ythan. They can be seen and heard from Newburgh beach.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy