Author Topic: VR/ Outdoor Active  (Read 3107 times)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: VR/ Outdoor Active
« Reply #30 on: 21:39:08, 22/03/21 »
You are right Mel.  Tracks cannot be searched but routes can.  VR's default track naming system saves then in chronological sequence with a date/time.place name.  I don't interfere with it so if I know roughly when and where i can find one.  I use VRs track export function to move tracks into an app where I can see them all at the same time.  Alternatively you can convert your tracks to routes then you can share and search them to your hearts content.  Bit of a bind to do retrospectively so I do it as I go along.

If you have an OutdoorActve account as well, your VR tracks are automatically imported into OA and they can be viewed as mini maps and there appears to be a search function but I haven't tried it.
Solvitur Ambulando

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: VR/ Outdoor Active
« Reply #31 on: 22:07:03, 22/03/21 »
Ahh, you see.  Similar to jimbob, I name my tracks so I can see at a glance where I walked.  I rarely convert them to routes for others to follow as many include paths not marked as RoWs, if you get my drift  ;)   

To be honest, this is the first time I've realised there's no "word" search function for this.  Normally I'll look at "stats" which can be sorted/filtered but on this occasion I wanted to find when I last did this particular walk.  Got my answer in the end by filtering alphabetically and trawling through thousands of tracks  ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy