Author Topic: Wainwright's Remote Lakeland 10-12 day 194m walk  (Read 1281 times)

WILDWALKINGUK

Wainwright also devised a long distance walk around the Lake District. I've walked the Pennine Way and Wainwright's Coast to Coast and I feel this walk is better and more difficult than both. It's also much quieter, I didn't meet another person walking it and went hours most days without seeing a single person. I wild-camped all the way around but it's possible to walk it staying in accommodation every night. If you would like to read more about it, I've included a link to my walk: https://wildwalkinguk.com/2021/04/25/wainwrights-remote-lakeland-walk-312km/

GnP

• Veteran Member
Re: Wainwright's Remote Lakeland 10-12 day 194m walk
« Reply #1 on: 11:08:02, 26/04/21 »
That was a splendid read , you have a laid back style of writing which is really neat & I thoroughly enjoyed it , along with just a select number of great images .
Thank you and good luck on your next adventure .  O0

A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Slogger

• Veteran Member
Re: Wainwright's Remote Lakeland 10-12 day 194m walk
« Reply #2 on: 17:04:17, 03/05/21 »
Thanks for that, I've just ordered the book as a result. It looks really good, I've not read your full account yet but will get around to to it shortly. I did what I describe as the the Lakeland Triangle. it's a joining together of three old routes, one or two of which the guidebooks are hard to come by today.
Furness Way - Arnside to Ravenglass, Cumberland Way - Ravenglass to Appleby and Westmorland Way - Appleby to Arnside.a total of around 240 miles. I did it as three seperate walks but always had the intention of doing the full triangle in one go, in the reverse direction.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy