Author Topic: Dawn till Dusk: Fastpacking the length of Scotland in two weeks  (Read 1290 times)

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
I came across this amazing story on the BBC website today: Record-breaking hiker's agony at 16-mile walk for bus home ...

...and the article led me to what must be the most incredible walking video I've ever seen.

Actually, 'video' doesn't feel right - this is a stunning, inspiring film!  O0

https://youtu.be/coReE_X59oY

(My apologies if someone has already posted about this. I searched, but couldn't find anything.)

Walk, Jog, Run : our YouTube video channel.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
My wife told me about this earlier today.
After 2 decades of living in Orkney, I learnt that it is never wise to place too much trust in in a ferry.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

DevonMaid

That was a nicely put together short. Thank you for sharing.

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
That was a nicely put together short. Thank you for sharing.

You're most welcome.  :)

I think it's a shame the BBC article focused on him not being able to take a ferry at the end of the walk rather than on the incredible achievement itself. At the end of the film, I thought that the lack of a ferry came across as little more than an inconvenience.

Walk, Jog, Run : our YouTube video channel.

Slogger

• Veteran Member
That's my kind of walking and the Scotland Way has been on my list for some time. I would love to do the Pennine Way first as a link to it, averaging 30+ mile a day. Whether I will ever get to do multi day walks like that again, is too soon to tell at the moment, having only had my hip replacement 12 days ago. Very good video and inside of his original target shows that he was comfortable with the mileage, tired, obviously but well within himself.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy