Author Topic: Ladies Scarpa Boots  (Read 1188 times)

Arenig

• Veteran Member
Ladies Scarpa Boots
« on: 04:28:05, 12/02/09 »
Are there any ladies out there that wear The Scarpa Ranger GTX leather boots. My wife has got her eyes on a pair and they are priced at the mo at £114.99. I thought they were a little on the pricey side, though they do have a Gore-Tex membrane and Vibram soles, so they can't be bad. Any thoughts ladies?
"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"

W.A.S.H.I.S. completer www.walkeryri.org.uk

Welsh Nuttalls completer www.nuttalls.com/mountains/wales

Cat

Re: Ladies Scarpa Boots
« Reply #1 on: 15:26:46, 12/02/09 »
I don't have a pair but they look great, make sure you hunt the web for a cheap pair once she's tried them on and decided on them. Personally I'm lusting over Berghaus GR20 GTX cos I want a pair of winter boots that don't cost the earth.

Shell78

« Reply #2 on: 16:27:41, 12/02/09 »
I can't decide between the Ranger GTX or the Trek GTX although just been looking at the Berghaus ones Cat's after and they look OK too! Too much choice.

Arenig

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 17:36:18, 12/02/09 »
Too much choice? you women have got too much money that's the trouble  :D ;D I'll have a look at them Berghaus boot's though Cat. cheers for the replies.

Cat

« Reply #4 on: 16:45:35, 14/02/09 »
If I had too much money I'd own the boots rather than be listing after them ::) Boots are so difficult though, they're the foundation of all your gear and they have to be right.  Speaking of boots bought some pink ones for my partners daughter for £15, oh to fit into kids sizes!

Calluna

« Reply #5 on: 15:41:35, 17/02/09 »
Hi

I bought a pair of these boots Summer 08. They have been very good so far, take a bit of wearing in.  I decided to come back to leather because the lightweight boots I had previously fell apart after 13 months wear (Meindl) - so decided on a pair that would take the Long Distance Footpaths!

Probably just as important to buy them from a reputible shop - as to deciding which boots to go for in the first place.

Arenig

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 03:31:22, 22/02/09 »
Just to let you all know my OH has opted for a pair of the Meindl Ladies Borneo in the end. She tells me they are as comfy as a pair of slippers .... We'll see on Monday when we get back up to Snowdonia.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy