Author Topic: Karrimor boots and shoes - any good?  (Read 37250 times)

Peak

Re: Karrimor boots and shoes - any good?
« Reply #30 on: 08:01:21, 24/02/21 »
A few years ago a friend of mine that does a daily walk of around 5 miles locally switched from Karrimor to the Decathlon brand Quechua, he considered the K's to be rubbish now and the Q's lasting about 3 times longer. I'll be trying some out when the shops reopen.

MFEarthey

« Reply #31 on: 18:44:06, 18/04/21 »
Last year I bought a pair of Karrimor 'Bodmin Mid IV weatherlite' to replace a similar pair that had lasted nearly 10 years. They cost £40 from a discount warehouse near Brighton. The new ones were extremely comfortable, but alas, they have already worn out. My walks are mainly chalk downland (as in the South Downs Way) mixed in with some roads. I'm new to this site, so I don't know how forum members measure wear and tear, but I guess I have done about 2 million Fitbit steps in the Bodmin IVs, if that means anything. My advice to readers is if you want a very comfortable pair of road walking shoes for taking the dog out, Karrimor is fine, but for prolonged non-road terrain, forget it. I suspect that somewhere down the line, Karrimor has reduced its build quality. I'm looking for a new brand of walking shoes - recommendations greatly appreciated!

Naomi8070

« Reply #32 on: 07:26:57, 18/05/21 »
Hello! Is it good idea to use a cycling shoes as a walking shoes?

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 10:46:54, 18/05/21 »

[/size]Hello! Is it good idea to use a cycling shoes as a walking shoes?

The sole will have little grip and there is usually far less protection for your feet around the heel.  They are also usually far too stiff for walking and will wear quickly. 

Which shoes did you have in mind?

I did once carry my bike up the dirt section to the rim of Mt Vesuvius, wearing my cleats.  That was only a few hundred yards though.

RoMeR

« Reply #34 on: 11:46:30, 18/05/21 »
I always cycle wearing my trail shoes but I have flat pedals.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy