Author Topic: Thermarest ProLite Apex : review of a winter rated sleeping pad  (Read 461 times)

weston.front

I bought a ProLite Apex with the naive expectation of being able to get out onto the fells over this winter.  But being a 'man with a new toy' I had to find a way to try it out, so I waited for a cold night and headed out into the wilds of our back garden to test it out at - 3 C and again at -1 C.

The executive summary is that I was very pleased with it's performance with just a couple of minor niggles.  To read the full review, head to:

https://bit.ly/3rBLWys
Following the road less travelled : westonfront.wordpress.com

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
I have a Prolite in my garage which I use when I go out with my bivvy, I just roll it up and strap it horizontally across the top of my rucksack, my bivvy, groundsheet, etc, are packed in my rucksack. When I tent camp I take my NeoAir because it rolls up so much smaller I can keep it in my rucksack. My tent is then rolled up and secured on the top of my rucksack. Both are excellent.

I have to be more careful with my Prolite, it's only 1" thick and I have to be precise about how much air is in it for me to be comfortable, too little, and my hip is grounded, too much and it's like sleeping on a slab of concrete!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy