Author Topic: Great Langdale from Loughrigg Fell  (Read 1467 times)

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
Re: Great Langdale from Loughrigg Fell
« Reply #1 on: 16:46:13, 08/11/07 »
Nice picture Kidsty,

I saw this one in the complete collection on your site.

I have to say I've noticed an increase in references from you in respect of Great Langdale, I'm wondering if your still considering taking part in this meet up of the forum??  ;)

Hope you're well!

:)

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 17:55:26, 08/11/07 »
Nice picture Kidsty,

I saw this one in the complete collection on your site.

I have to say I've noticed an increase in references from you in respect of Great Langdale, I'm wondering if your still considering taking part in this meet up of the forum??  ;)

Hope you're well!

:)

I'm fine Mr.B, not doing anything too serious at the moment because the toe I broke a couple of weeks ago keeps swelling up. I am toying with the idea of going up Great Gable on Sunday for the Remembrance service but not sure yet.
As for the Great Langdale "meet" I've lost track of the thread. Is it still on Saturday 1st December?.......If I was coming I'd be travelling up on the Saturday morning.......Is there a route set yet?

Dave

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 07:56:28, 09/11/07 »
Hi Dave, sorry for not replying earlier.

This from WalkingGirl:

Right everyone route one!  Start of at Elterwater branch right to Baysbrown than on to Oak Howe right round back to Dale end this route is a low level route. Which takes 4 hours 1000ft 81/2 miles.

Or alternatives we could do a  high level route

From the  N.D.G  the Langdale pikes must offer one of the most challenging sights in the lake district, a half dozen miniature peaks and summits seem to crowd in on top of one another.  It is compelling to want to go and climb them all.  At stickle Tarn you should easily make out the diagonal line of Jack's Rake moving from right to left up the cliff face of Pavey Ark.  This is one of the routes to the top of Pavey Ark.  The route taken in this walk however is less likely to cause a cardiac arrest.  After Pike o' Stickle which provides a splendid 'perch' from which to look down in to Langdale, the route descends via Stake pass which provides a gentler gradient compared to that of the ascent and will invariably be much quieter. 

7miles 2500ft 5 hours  :D :idiot2: O0

I guess you'll recognise this.  My guess is that the final choice will be decided on the morning. Starting at the campsite at 9.00am.  I think we're meeting a couple of others at the campsite in the morning as well, e.g. Feriol.  And so if you can meet it, that would be excellent.

From your site, I feel as though I already know you, which of course I do not, so it would be grand to shake your hand (with a quick glance at your feet in wonder that they have supported you over all those miles and hills  ;)) and meet you in the flesh, so to speak.  :)

locuschoi

« Reply #4 on: 03:37:41, 10/11/07 »
toe broken..?? you might be so ill...

if I lived in UK i might join with you..~~ what a sad..;;;
hi~ though I'm in Korea.. but I like walking so much
and want to be your friend

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 21:37:03, 25/11/07 »
Only just seen the route you posted WG, excellent route, just where i wanted to go and see, im buzzin now, i know you and most of folk who are going have probally been and seen this route before but i haven't only in my books and DAVES website and the net so im made up now,great nice one WG.
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy