Author Topic: Old Mountain Boots  (Read 687 times)

Hatricvs

Old Mountain Boots
« on: 20:20:39, 23/10/20 »
Hi All,

Bit of a long-shot here but I recently bought a new pair of Danner Mountain Boots to replace my trusty old boots which I have had and used since 1981!

The Danner boots were the closest I could find to the type and style of my old faithfuls. Apparently my style of 
Boots is now a retro look...quite funny really given how long my originals have lasted me.

So I am just interested if anyone here knows the makers of my originals bought back in Carson's Camping shop, Bath in 1981. The mark can still be seen on the side of the boots and is something like James Byers or something . If anyone knows this brand or maker I would really appreciate the info. I can't see how to add a photo on this site at the moment.

Hatricvs

Re: Old Mountain Boots
« Reply #1 on: 11:28:07, 24/10/20 »
Anyone got any idea how you post an image on this forum. I am being dumb and just can't easily work it out!

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 12:17:06, 24/10/20 »
Anyone got any idea how you post an image on this forum. I am being dumb and just can't easily work it out!
there is a thread or two about it.  Try the search button  O0
Solvitur Ambulando

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:20:11, 24/10/20 »
Welcome to the forum  :)
You need to use an image hosting website such as imgbb, and then copy and paste the 'direct link' to the image onto this site, using the image icon. Hope that this helps.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Hatricvs

« Reply #4 on: 11:59:10, 25/10/20 »
Thanks all, I will look at loading the images elsewhere and then linking back to here.

Cheers Andy B

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy