Author Topic: Hooks  (Read 2571 times)

Ralph

Hooks
« on: 20:05:30, 26/03/19 »
Has anyone else seen the film Hooks by Stephen Pern on YouTube yet?.

astaman

Re: Hooks
« Reply #1 on: 06:38:27, 27/03/19 »
Yes, I really liked it. Long, rambling, eccentric and really charming. And speaking as a non-Englishman, the very best of that mythical English eccentricity. A very well made home movie.

Ralph

« Reply #2 on: 06:45:24, 27/03/19 »
Yes, I really liked it. Long, rambling, eccentric and really charming. And speaking as a non-Englishman, the very best of that mythical English eccentricity. A very well made home movie.
Glad you liked it, I first heard of it a few days ago. I hope more people get to watch and enjoy it. Also discovered that Amazon have a few of his books on their site so will have to try those too.

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 08:01:52, 27/03/19 »
Glad you liked it, I first heard of it a few days ago. I hope more people get to watch and enjoy it. Also discovered that Amazon have a few of his books on their site so will have to try those too.
I`m half way through it and enjoying it very much. He has an understated, but very effective way of delivering his story. The filming is very professional also.Thank you for posting the link. O0
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 10:10:47, 27/03/19 »
Well ! what a marvellous film  - no chance stopping halfway - what an amazing walk. I so enjoyed it I could happily watch again but must get on with the day -not even washed and dressed yet. Was just drinking my first cuppa ! Thanks for recommending O0
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Ralph

« Reply #5 on: 10:17:53, 27/03/19 »
Well ! what a marvellous film  - no chance stopping halfway - what an amazing walk. I so enjoyed it I could happily watch again but must get on with the day -not even washed and dressed yet. Was just drinking my first cuppa ! Thanks for recommending O0
I first found the recommendation a few days ago on Trek-lite forum so thought I would pass it on.

humansnail

« Reply #6 on: 20:59:37, 29/03/19 »
I think it's excellent, love it!  Seen it a while ago then watched his one about walking in Japan which is also/or was on youtube - he's much younger in that! Every time I visit a bothy I always have a look for "hooks" and wonder if they were ones he put up! ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy